Who molted today?

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
my "gravid" G. rosea is on her back as i type.
ive had her for exactly 1 year (well a year yesterday i believe) and she supposedly molted a few months before acquiring her from a relative

HoboAustin

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My H. maculata molted a couple days ago. It seems to grow at the same rate as the obt I have. They are almost exactly the same size.

Skeri

Arachnosquire
One of my favorite Ts in my current collection, my P. striata, is molting for the first time in my care. This is awesome, because this is the first time ive actually gotten to witness the molting process first hand. Usually I just wake up, find a molt, and think darn I missed it. She was pretty big previous to this molt, and i'm curious as to how big she will be now. I'll go about measuring her in about two weeks. Needless to say I am a happy T owner right now :D

Also getting pretty decent at this whole ventral sexing stuff. I took a look at the exuvium and found lady parts ^-^

Last edited:

poisoned

Arachnodemon
I'm not sure, but it looks like too many legs are in my E. cyanognathus's burrow

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
One of my two A. amazonica ("Manaus") is currently right in the process of doing so, back later, need to keep watching. Just started pulling out the legs...! ;)

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Just found out that my P. irminia spiderling molted again, too. Getting big and still looking very female. Gonna rehouse that one probably the day after tomorrow when it's hardened up for a good part and see if I can get the molt out intact...

Tweak

Arachnosquire
I just got back from vacation and my obt and my geniculata both molted while I was away!

Ivymike1973

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My P. irmia sling molted yesterday and also my Lq surprised me with a molt to 5i.

Tweak

Arachnosquire
My blue fang was nice enough to wait til I got home to molt and just completed doing so

meghanbe

Arachnopeon
My MF Eupalaestrus campestratus molted this morning. I woke up to find a very strange shadow inside her cork bark round hide, where she's been sealed up for weeks. :) I can't wait until she emerges and I can check out her new suit.

Skeri

Arachnosquire
P metallica sling molted for the first time since I got it. P. metallica sling premolt is EXTREMELY obvious.

lyng74

Arachnopeon
A string of molts for the past few days, I'm so happy! :)

Two days ago, my N. chromatus sling molted. Yesterday, it was my B. smithi's turn, as well as my C. marshalli, which hasn't come out of its burrow yet (I can't wait!). This morning when I checked, my C. fasciatum molted too, which was totally unexpected. And just a few hours ago, my G. pulchripes finished molting (it was in premolt the longest!)

funkymonk

Arachnopeon
Just came home from work to find my G pulchra has shed inside its hide, was 3.75 inches before molt & been in pre-molt for at least 4 months, can't wait to see it out and about again. Last molt was in May 2011 a very slow growing T.

TreF68

Arachnopeon
My G. pulchripes sling appears to have molted recently. It no longer has a dark abdomen, and it looks bigger. There is no sign of its molt though, which seems kind of strange. Is it normal for a spider to hide its molt? I imagine it could have burried it in the substrate.

meghanbe

Arachnopeon
For whatever reason, I hadn't checked on my G. pulchra today, until just now. She refused her last two meals and has been webbing like crazy, so I figured a molt was coming, but as she was 2" and last molted 5/31, I honestly didn't think she'd do it so quickly. Alas, a month and a half later, she's just molted for the second time in my care. Overachiever!