Apparently short bus here felt the need to spend the last two weeks coating every square millimeter of the substrate in a web matt.
What is interesting is that we have had a pretty cold start to summer but had a big jump in temperature and humidity the last two days. This is one of two A. Avicularia that molted in the last 24 hours along with an A. sp. Kwitara, two B. Emilia and a T. Albopilosus (all slings).
(Edit: Sheesh... seems like I have the video on private. Will fix later,when I'm home.) (Edit #2: Fixed.)
Not today, actually. Took me a few days to come round and edit the video a bit. Desert Locust (Schistocerca gregaria) - shown at 8x speed. The whole process took around 13 minutes:
Please excuse the somewhat shaky video. When I noticed the imminent molt, all I had was my phone and my own hands to focus on it for a quarter of an hour.
As you can see about halfway through the video, not all was well. One of the lower legs broke off. Observation: For good molts, they need steep twigs or somthing similar. The twig she was molting on is inclined about 45°, and she had difficulty reaching and grabbing onto it after the molt. I nudged her just a bit, so she could grab on.
She was not much impaired by the missing lower leg. She lived happily ever after... for about a week. She is now an empty shell, sucked dry by one of my assassin bugs.
I find they are the coolest feeders. They don't stink, they don't dig, they don't munch on your tarantula, they don't play dead. And they are fun to watch. Almost pets .