#2 _MG_4879.JPG
_MG_4882.JPG

And the fast ones.
Chilobrachys fimbriatus
_MG_4885.JPG

Grammostola sp.
"Entre Rios" (Hobby G. iheringi)
_MG_4876.JPG

Just went to check them all and noticed another one that molted.
I didn't know these guys could grow that fast.
Immature male Sericopelma generala
2.JPG
1.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Aw, it is so adorable! I bought mine as a confirmed female so did not really get to see her baby stage.
The one I had before was a juvenile when I got him, so this is my first time raising them as slings.

ErinM31

Arachnogoddess
Arachnosupporter
Wow, three of my adult (or in the case if the male, penultimate) tarantulas molted last night: A. chalcodes female, B. hamorii male (now mature) and T. albopilosum female

I will take photos soon — the freshly molted B. hamorii MM is really stunning! :happy:

In addition, my female P. fasciata recently molted and is now over 6” DLS even without fully extending her legs! I’m going to be looking for a date for this beauty! :kiss:

Now I’m just waiting on my B. hamorii AF — more anxiously now since her date will be ready soon!

ConstantSorrow

Arachnosquire
Last night was Phormictopus sp. south hispaniola's turn to molt. Found it grooming itself calmly this morning, didn't even flinch when I removed the old molt.

Arachnid Addicted

Arachnoprince
A. Avicularia M6

can anyone confirm that this is definitely the mature molt? This will be my first MM and I just want to be sure
Yes, he's matured.

Few immatures males molted today
Lasiodora striatipes
3.JPG
4.JPG

Theraphosa blondi
_MG_4908.JPG
_MG_4913.JPG

Of course, this one grew nothing, lol
Grammostola rosea
5.JPG
6.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Stormsinger

Arachnopeon
I just woke up to see that my T. Vagans has molted! He is still on his back so I cant move his enclosure to get a picture. He is finally big enough to sex the molt but his ventral is so obviously male prior to molting, I already know he is a dude.

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
NOT Today, but on the 9th....2 of 9 of my spiders molted on the same day. (22% 🤓)

Here's the kicker...both ate the night before...

A. geniculata + T. albopilosum

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
At least one of my 3 P. cambridgei juvies molted today, possibly two (the other one definitely molted, just not positive when). But the size the one put on today is INSANE. I knew they were fast growers, but I was not expecting to have to consider a rehouse after one molt in my care! This one is now noticeably larger than the other two.

lostbrane

Arachnobaron
My P. ornata just molted. First molt she’s had in my care. Fairly stoked it was successful. Also my C. sp hati hati molted and it’s already looking like a MM...even though it seems a tad small for that.

Thekla

Arachnoprince
Fearless, my Y. diversipes female, moulted yesterday after spending the last month in that web tube she conveniently constructed right above the front door. ;)

20200613_232051.jpg

corydalis

Arachnoknight
Brachypelma emilia sling molted this morning, and appears to be male. My juv. male G. pulchra did the same yesterday, but unlike the little guy below, he stayed in his hide during and after the procedure, so no picture was taken yet.

IMG_4143.JPG