Who molted today?

Hoxter

Arachnoderp
Woke up to see my G. pulchripes laying in it's back. Few hours later it finally molted. And to think few days ago nothing was indicating a premolt. This little one outdid G. rosea, B. emilia and A. bicoloratum from different rooms.
Maybe they'll feel that sense of urge to get bigger and prettier.

scott308

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
P. miranda kicked a molt out of its cork tube. Haven't seen it for a while, so I don't know how old the molt is.

Hoxter

Arachnoderp
C. lividus sling finally molted. Been waiting for this molt for past month. Now this little one can finally be rehoused into something more appropriate.

edit: Aaaaand just found my A. bicoloratum / B. boehmei on it's back ready to molt. It's still pretty small juvie and yet it was in premolt for over a month.

edit 2: managed to get my hands of excuviae and it's a girl! + a pic

Last edited:

pbenner

Arachnosquire
My last 2 of 4 B. Albopilosom left molts for me some time through out the week. So successful molts of 4/4 of my first attempt at Slings. Fed everyone again too.

Next molt I think they'll get moved out of their 2oz Deli Cups. They didn't get much bigger.

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
My H. chilensis went from 3.1 mm to a whopping 3.5 mm! Sorry, no pics. I have no macro photo technology.

Hoxter

Arachnoderp
Seems like all of my tarantulas are molting one after another. So today's time for Loki, my C. marshalli sling.

Next time will just do weekly updates here, sounds much more convinient.

SteveIDDQD

Arachnosquire
20191008_180600.jpg

T.blondi had its 4th (I think 4th) moult with me. It was not much bigger than the 10p coin when it arrived.
The old exo is bigger than I thought, and unfortunately was ripped right where I needed to see to sex it. :(
The other one in from my G.pulchra, also too damaged to sex.

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
In the last couple weeks:
T. violaceous sling
P. gigas sling
P. murinus sub adult, won't give up the molt
O. aureotibialis sling
P. rufilata sling
B. vagans, MM
O. schioedtei, MM
D. pentaloris, MM

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
Not today, but an H. villosella sling molted in transit yesterday, stumbled upon it during unpacking.

WolfSoon

Arachnoknight
H. gabonensis sling gained a lot of size. Still a fun spider to try and locate in its enclosure, especially with the regular teleportation. :)

Thekla

Arachnoprince
Don't blink. Don't even blink. Blink and you're dead. They are fast. Faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back, don't look away, and don't blink. Good luck.

Sorry, I couldn't help it. Go on, don't mind me. :rofl:

Last edited:

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Heh. I remember when I got my order of 7 spiders back in 2014. Of those 7, six were s'lings and I was having to drop by this thread frequently.

And now...

My G. pulchripes flipped last night and was finished by this morning. The previous moult was just two days shy of having been two years ago. The ninth since I received it.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
After months of trolling me with new dirt curtains, Squirt, my mature female Psalmopoeus cambridgei (from cold blood) finally molted yesterday! I can't want to see how much bigger she is.

WolleWolf

Arachnopeon
My 0.1 B. hamorii molted today (4"+), and the best, that was simultaenous (very surprising!) molt with my 0.1 P. cf. antinous (4"+)!