Who molted today?

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
My Megaphobema robustum molted for me and I managed to snag the molt before it got shredded.

After nearly 2 years and lots of frustration over chewed up molts, I finally can confirm without any shadow of a doubt that Ifrit is female. :cigar:

pbenner

Arachnosquire
I got my 2nd molt from my G. Pulchripes this morning since I got him/her. Still a tiny thing, but we've had two successes!

Hoxter

Arachnoderp
I noticed my Caribena versicolor was in a bit strange position in freshly modified web tunnel. Aaaaand after closer look, it's actually molting!

Harry Haller

Arachnopeon
My Cyclosternum sp. Cundinamarca. She is now almost an inch.
My female Lasiodora parahybana did. Last exuviae measured 13cm (5"). Looking forward to see her size post molt. Looks like she really put on some size.
Picture from this morning when she started.
IMG_20190913_091424-01.jpeg

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
The other day, I glanced at my new Caribena versicolor sling and idly thought, "that blueberry looks bigger than usual." Sure enough, there is a discarded molt on the ground in her enclosure.

krbshappy71

Arachnosquire
My LP finally!! I dunno when but today her tunnels were all opened up and there were leg pieces and a big molt chunk she threw out like trash. She looks like velvet, love her/it. I tried to sex the molt chunk but none of it was the lower part. But how ‘bout these fangs, do they look male or female? (Kidding!)

Attachments

Last edited:

Thekla

Arachnoprince
I tried to sex the molt chunk but none of it was the lower part.
Are you sure? The carapace is normally attached to the skin of the abdomen and I can see parts of it in your picture. You need to soak it in water (with a bit of dish soap) and then carefully spread it out. The part you're looking for is probably completely rolled up. ;)

krbshappy71

Arachnosquire
Are you sure? The carapace is normally attached to the skin of the abdomen and I can see parts of it in your picture. You need to soak it in water (with a bit of dish soap) and then carefully spread it out. The part you're looking for is probably completely rolled up. ;)
oh man then my picturing of how things are is way off. Ok I'll check it again, it is so gross to me, these molts, I hate touching them so am using tongs. This thing is dry as paper and crunchy, grossing me out, ha! I do have the whole thing, still. p.s. I'll post to the sexing-forum-section if I figure it out.

Thekla

Arachnoprince
oh man then my picturing of how things are is way off. Ok I'll check it again, it is so gross to me, these molts, I hate touching them so am using tongs. This thing is dry as paper and crunchy, grossing me out, ha! I do have the whole thing, still. p.s. I'll post to the sexing-forum-section if I figure it out.
I only touch the legs to carry them around. ;) You shouldn't touch a moult with your bare hands... the urticating hairs are still there. ;)
If it's dry, do as I said before... soak it in water with a dash of dish soap for a couple of minutes. I use toothpicks or needles to spread the whole thing out. Look at the pictures in the sexing gallery to get an idea of how it has to look, and then, yes, post your pics there. :)

Last edited:

SteveIDDQD

Arachnosquire
pamphobeteus sp Machala sling moulted, it's looking pretty big now and has the cool star pattern on it's back.

My LP moulted again, she is now bigger than my adult rose hair was. Impressive for a spider less than a year old!

G.pulchra juvenile also moulted and gained some decent size.

All 3 could do with a re-house now.

Still waiting on my T.blondi to make a move, it's been locked up in it's burrow for weeks now. It's big enough to sex the moult now, so I'm keen for this one to happen and see what I have.

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
Juvie C. versicolor molted and now really starting to resemble the adult coloration, looking like this one's gonna be male.

Phormingochilus sp. "rufus" sling also molted, so excited to watch that little one grow!

Thekla

Arachnoprince
Looks as if my A. purpurea sling has moulted last night. :) Hopefully, it grew at least a tiny bit. ;)

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My adult female Grammostola actaeon moulted this morning and she looks beautiful in her almost entirely black dress

z32upgrader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ybrapora diversipes sling molted. I think it's female. I'll try to steal the molt and have a look.