What's the best/coolest looking T in your opinion?

Luka98

Arachnosquire
This has probably been posted a million times before but sounds like a fun thread. It doesn't necessarily have to be the most exotic spider ever that costs $2000, just a T that makes you go "wow that's a beautiful animal".

For me it's the psalmopoeus irminia - the tiger coloration on the abdomen, the jet black hair, the red fangs, the purple feet , the orange striped legs - just amazing, can't wait to own one some day and they're not too pricey here either. It also has the most majestic threat posture ever although i wouldn't want to be on the other end of it :rofl:

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
I can't narrow it down to one, but here is my short list:

C. versicolor
C. cyaneopubescens
B. boehmei
P. platyomma (males)
B. albiceps

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Probably B. boehmei or B. emilia. When I saw B. emilia online for the first time, I actually thought it was photoshopped.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I really love the patterns on "baboon" species... Ceratogyus, Encyocratella, Harpactira, etc and especially Pterinochilus!

1469830259589.jpg 1514884196688.jpg 1512445415074.jpg

Minty

@londontarantulas
When I talk to colleagues and friends about tarantulas, I show them images of various species. They’re always most impressed by Chromatopelma cyanepubescens and Poecilotheria metallica.

Personally, there are so many species I love the look of, but Lapropelma violaceopes wins, for me.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
They are so gorgeous, always wonder how and why they developed that perfect carapace triangle it's so distinct
If you look very closely, many Brachypelma have that triangle. Just not nearly as distinct. I'm just a sucker for anything red or orange :hungry:

Enrgy

Arachnosquire
Can’t decide lol but when I got my pseudoclamoris gigas (used to be t gigas) sling I was like omfg

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Can't narrow it down so I'm just going to spam photos of some of my favourites.

View media item 51441

Luka98

Arachnosquire
Can't narrow it down so I'm just going to spam photos of some of my favourites.

View media item 51441
Nice but please clean your geniculatas cage better the next time you feed it humans (that's the common name i think), there's some remains i can see in the back presumably from the last feeding, those are a nesting ground for bacteria!

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Nice but please clean your geniculatas cage better the next time you feed it humans (that's the common name i think), there's some remains i can see in the back presumably from the last feeding, those are a nesting ground for bacteria!
She insists that I leave it exactly where it is and I'm not silly enough to defy the will of the Murderess*, I use springtails in most of my enclosures anyway ;)

0.1 Acanthoscurria geniculata DTTI (Death To The Infidels)

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Everybody’s wrong. The best looking T are Pamphobeteus species, take a look at P. antinous, P. sp. solaris, P. sp. mascara, P. ultramarinus, P. magna, P. sp. platyomma, and pretty much the rest of them. Phormictopus as well, check out P. sp. blue, sp. purple, sp. all green, sp. green femur, sp. gold carapace, sp. cancerides, sp. auratus, and the rest of them.

But if I had to narrow it down to one of each of the genera I mentioned, it would be Pamphobeteus sp. solaris and Phormictopus sp. blue.

Last edited:

Luka98

Arachnosquire
Everybody’s wrong. The best looking T are Pamphobeteus species, take a look at P. antinous, P. sp. solaris, P. sp. mascara, P. ultramarinus, P. magna, P. sp. platyomma, and pretty much the rest of them. Phormictopus as well, check out P. sp. blue, sp. purple, sp. all green, sp. green femur, sp. gold carapace, sp. cancerides, sp. auratus, and the rest of them.

But if I had to narrow it down to one of each of the genera I mentioned, it would be Pamphobeteus sp. solaris and Phormictopus sp. blue.
Pamphos are awesome spoods