What would you name her?

AHMR

Arachnosquire
So I need help naming my beautiful girl. She's a g.porteri. 5.5-6".
I've been calling her Darlin' when I talk to her. But people look at me weird when I say "guess what!? Darlin moved to a new spot today!" Or "I can't wait for you to meet Darlin!" Lol
So she's been here over a week now and I gotta name her. To me,naming a pet concretes that they're your baby. Yours to keep if you will.
Most times with pets I let their personality help name em.....but her personality is like a rock lol she just lays around in the open and does nothing. Barely moves. Typical specimen of her species lol
Altho she doesn't like my hands near her,or anything else for that matter. She likes to kick hairs or rear up. She's a tad temperamental. But the names that go with that,aren't suitable for the public hahaha
Sooooo what would you name her?
I need help!
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

kooky

Arachnosquire
what about Portia? as shes a g.porteri i play on their names a lot as its easier xD like albert the b.albopilosum

AHMR

Arachnosquire
I've thought of Portia or gramma or tola etc but it doesn't feel right :s
Altho Tola isn't that bad. But i figure when I'm explaining to people her species and such it could get confusing. Like "This is my grammostola porteri Tola" so it could confuse people.
Same as gramma or Portia in the same content.
I've thought of Stella as a play off it tho. Or Tara. Even thought maybe Charlotte from Charlette's web(original I know haha).
Ugh why is naming a spider so hard!?! Lol
My other animals had their name within 24-48hrs of entering my place. As their names just came to me and fit.
But this girl....I'm stumped :s

Octagon

Arachnoperson
I've thought of Portia or gramma or tola etc but it doesn't feel right :s
Altho Tola isn't that bad. But i figure when I'm explaining to people her species and such it could get confusing. Like "This is my grammostola porteri Tola" so it could confuse people.
Same as gramma or Portia in the same content.
I've thought of Stella as a play off it tho. Or Tara. Even thought maybe Charlotte from Charlette's web(original I know haha).
Ugh why is naming a spider so hard!?! Lol
My other animals had their name within 24-48hrs of entering my place. As their names just came to me and fit.
But this girl....I'm stumped :s
What about "G.T."? (For "Grammas"-Tola"). Or "G.P."? (For "Grammastola"-"Porteri"). Or "Gita", pronounced with a hard g.

AHMR

Arachnosquire
@Octagon
Oooooo I like Gita... Pronounced Gee-ta. Gita the g. Porteri.
I think we have a strong contender!:happy:

Last edited:

AHMR

Arachnosquire
G. porteri 0.1 ;)
Haha I've thought of that to!
But I've decided that she should have a real name like my other pets. Plus I tend to like/prefer terrestrial spiders so I have a feeling I'll end up with lots in the grammostola family so that could get confusing. Like "this is 0.1 and this one is 1.0" lol

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I just numerate them - G. porteri #1, #2, etc.

Do you watch Game of Thrones? With the new season coming up, do something from there! A pet rock could be named Sansa. You know, doesn't do a whole lot :D

BorisTheSpider

No this is Patrick
Old Timer
G. porteri 0.1 ;)
Exactly how I do it . Both of mine have a small label on the front of their enclosure . The only difference is that the G. porteri 0.1 is followed by a #1 or #2 depending on the order that they were purchased . IMO naming Ts is akin to naming house plants .

AHMR

Arachnosquire
I just numerate them - G. porteri #1, #2, etc.

Do you watch Game of Thrones? With the new season coming up, do something from there! A pet rock could be named Sansa. You know, doesn't do a whole lot :D
Oooooo I like Sansa to lol another strong contender! Game of thrones is a show that's played in my home....only I never watch it lol

Exactly how I do it . Both of mine have a small label on the front of their enclosure . The only difference is that the G. porteri 0.1 is followed by a #1 or #2 depending on the order that they were purchased . IMO naming Ts is akin to naming house plants .
Ya I'm the weirdo that names her house plants and her fish....if it's living and in my home,it gets a name.:embarrassed:

Haksilence

Bad At Titles
Arachnosupporter
G. porteri 0.1 ;)
I agree, but even with having over 50 I still name almost all of them, idk I'm weird. My communal usually have themed names not really set to any specimen in particular. I have a group of Forrest scores that I just call "the swarm" and my P subfusca communal is documented as "Ferrari, la tigra, Magnum, and blue steel"
Obviously I had just watched zoolander for the n^th time and was feeling funny.
Part of the fun in keeping is providing them with names imo.

That being said, strict breeders, slings intended to be sold ect don't get named. No point, but all my keepers get names.

Matabuey

Arachnosquire
Violet.

I don't know why people care so much if someone names their T's. It's their animal.

I don't name mine, but there's literally no point in adding useless comments.