What an idiot!

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have a friend who did a stupid mistake yesterday and now he is complaining about his mistake:?

He has just purchased a very big full grown giant centipede and he had not got its enclosure ready, so he put i in the cage with his Theraphosa Apophysis and just put a paper between them. When he was ready to get his centipede and get it over to his own enclosure he did not have a centipede anymore. The spider was eating it and today he tries to fix his spider who has sustained injuries at her legs from the fight. He has pulled its leg off to stop the bleeding and hope the next molt will fix it again. But it was a VERY expensive dinner to the T, so hope she enjoyed it:D

I am just amazed how stupid he was and i am happy i have only gotten my apophysis from him and taken advice about the care for it from different forums on the internet.

Well that is just my 2 cents, and people, pls dont bring these animals in the cages together;-)

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
paper, wow. I hate to see how he cares for the rest of his inverts

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
no it is not good at all. but he tells me that it has stopped the bleeding though, so maybe there is hope for her;-)

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
lets hope he learnt a lesson :? and next time has a enclosure ready FIRST :rolleyes: i all ways do then get the ( t ) ect £££ phil

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
lets hope he learnt a lesson :? and next time has a enclosure ready FIRST :rolleyes: i all ways do then get the ( t ) ect £££ phil
yes it is the best thing to do, and i am sure he knows better now. Only problem, he borrowed the money to buy it, so he wont be buying new animals in the next days;-). I know he loves is Apophysis and i think he just as well could have lost it and then he would really be complaining. He is lucky i guess that the his spider is almost full grown and aggressive as hell, because it was a full grown giant centipede he put in there.

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
I'm sorry, but this begs the question, how did he get the 'pede home? Why did he have to put it in the T's cage?

-Sean

KingBowser

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
What's a guy like that doing owning a T. apophysis anyway? He should stick to pet crickets...

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm sorry, but this begs the question, how did he get the 'pede home? Why did he have to put it in the T's cage?

-Sean

I asked him the same question and he had it in a box who he dropped and could not lock again, thus the very bad idea of putting in there with paper divider for the short time to get his enclosure ready. At least that is what he told me!

He has no internet, but anyway i dont think he would be to happy to see me write about this on a puplic forum. I wonder why....:?

Last edited:

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
What's a guy like that doing owning a T. apophysis anyway? He should stick to pet crickets...
You are probably right. But i dont understand his decision here, because he normally is very caring for his pets.

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I really think your friend should reconsider keeping inverts as pets.

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I really think your friend should reconsider keeping inverts as pets.
I cant agree more. That is also the reason why i choose to write it here(and in a danish forum also). To see if i am the only one who thinks this is a bad mistake and also in my my mind it disqualyfies him his rights to keep these animals as pets.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Depending on the size of the pede and the apophysis I am somewhat suprised the apophysis is not dead or both.
I think he might want to re consider is choice in hobbies. Or at least pull his head out and think.

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yes but i guess that fight could go either way because this Apophysis is very fast and it strikes so fast you almost dont believe it. I have seen it take a mouse. beside that it was very bad it happened regardless of who won, it was not supposed to have happened and believe me, my friend is pretty angry about that mistake, he has waited a loooong time for that pede and paid good money for it also. So he is not that proud of his latest achievement.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
A car and a bridge and a bottle of cheap wine will solve it all..............

Just kidding really.{D

I hope he at least learned something. Everyone does stupid things from time to time, (maybe not this stupid) but so long as they learn something I guess thats what matters.

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I was just on the phone with early today and he has joined reptile service so he can get acces to a doktor (of some kind) to help him get his spider well again. So i guess he is learning:clap:

bushbuster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I wonder what he would do if he had a Pit Bull, and a Lion in his backyard. Put up a sheet of plywood?

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I wonder what he would do if he had a Pit Bull, and a Lion in his backyard. Put up a sheet of plywood?
What would anyone be doing with a Lion in the first place. I know you were figuratively speaking but still.

Everyone has the right to be in the hobby no matter what they choose to do with their inverts or what mistakes they make, so I think your friend just needs to get his head out of his a** and think, that's all.