What’s your species wishlist currently?

Spoodfood

Feeder of Spoods
Arachnosupporter
My wish list is pretty much non existent now. But check out Idothele mira if you want to add an ow fossorial with amazing color in a pint sized package. Pretty much will see its blue feet hanging out of the burrow and the occasional I. mira gone wild when they come flying out of their burrow to tackle prey. I find mine is pretty docile.
I was thinking about getting one but I hear the females don’t live very long 😞 is that true?

Craig73

Arachnoangel
If I recall correctly female can live up to about 12, but males are like 4 years.

Spoodfood

Feeder of Spoods
Arachnosupporter
If I recall correctly female can live up to about 12, but males are like 4 years.
I saw somewhere said females only 7, but that’s not that short in the grand scheme, just shorter than I’d like.

Froggeo

Arachnopeon
  1. Avicularia avicularia - really cute hairy legs, a staple in the hobby. I'm interested in housing some arboreals anyway, and this one seems like a perfect starter.
  2. Grammostola pulchra - basic, but beautiful looking spiders. Sadly pretty unavailable where I live.
  3. Aphonopelma chalcodes - pretty. Not much else to say lol, I've heard they're also pretty low mainetance T's.
I guess my list is pretty boring XD but I only just entered the hobby, so I still have hype left for even the most common spiders

WolleWolf

Arachnopeon
so I still have hype left for even the most common spiders
Most satisfying T´s are the common ones, definetly not boring! Yes there are rare stunners (Xenesthis sp. blue, Pampho solaris a.s.o), but we have so many top common T´s that we are blessed with luck in this hobby, with such a big variation. Not boring!

Craig73

Arachnoangel
  1. Avicularia avicularia - really cute hairy legs, a staple in the hobby. I'm interested in housing some arboreals anyway, and this one seems like a perfect starter.
  2. Grammostola pulchra - basic, but beautiful looking spiders. Sadly pretty unavailable where I live.
  3. Aphonopelma chalcodes - pretty. Not much else to say lol, I've heard they're also pretty low mainetance T's.
I guess my list is pretty boring XD but I only just entered the hobby, so I still have hype left for even the most common spiders
It’s a great list! When I hear ‘basic‘ or ‘staple’ to me that really just means more people have probably owned them or had experience with them in comparison to other T’s, but doesn’t make them any more or less boring, worthy of mention, or even a wish list T.

Welcome to the site.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
pretty much nothing. The only things I have left I won't pay what they are asking

SixWitcher

Arachnopeon
I don't have any old worlds yet and I really want to eventually. If I had to choose now to get any it would probably be a P. murinus, P. metallica, or an H. lividum. I know these little guys are fast but I'm getting a lot more confident keeping fast and skittish slings. I have a P. irninia and she's fast af. But my 1.5 inch GBB sling, I swear she is the fastest T in the west. I can blink and she will disappear like Houdini on Adderall.

Finikan

Painter of Poorly Rendered Images
Arachnosupporter +
Pelinobius muticus. My two slings are being shipped some time next week, and I can't wait!!! My first OW, a p. Murinus arrived yesterday and that rehouse went well, so I'm really excited to be confident enough in keeping them safely. Still going to be shaking the whole time!

I don't have any old worlds yet and I really want to eventually. If I had to choose now to get any it would probably be a P. murinus, P. metallica, or an H. lividum. I know these little guys are fast but I'm getting a lot more confident keeping fast and skittish slings. I have a P. irninia and she's fast af. But my 1.5 inch GBB sling, I swear she is the fastest T in the west. I can blink and she will disappear like Houdini on Adderall.
My GBB sling is also fast, but she's relaxed a lot since I first got her. Teleporting little bugger!! They only T I've had climb up my arm during a rehouse was my A. Metallica sling, however. Those little jumps are speedy!

Last edited:

Baby T

Arachnoknight
P. Rufilata for sure. There are many others on the list too but I'm a pokie virgin and that's the gal I want!

Baby T

Arachnoknight
Pelinobius muticus. My two slings are being shipped some time next week, and I can't wait!!! My first OW, a p. Muticus arrived yesterday and that rehouse went well, so I'm really excited to be confident enough in keeping them safely. Still going to be shaking the whole time!

My GBB sling is also fast, but she's relaxed a lot since I first got her. Teleporting little bugger!! They only T I've had climb up my arm during a rehouse was my A. Metallica sling, however. Those little jumps are speedy!
Lol I thought it was only the British and the Aussies who said bugger!!! 😂
Nice usage!

Finikan

Painter of Poorly Rendered Images
Arachnosupporter +
I call them that all the time. Bit of a pun. 😉

Reezelbeezelbug

Arachnosquire
Harpactira carfreriana
Homoeomma orellanai (ex E sp yellow)
Homoeomma chilensis (ex E sp red)
Cyriocosmus ritae to add to my current group
Theraphosinae sp Panama to add to my little sling group, but only if reasonably priced 😆

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
P. Rufilata for sure. There are many others on the list too but I'm a pokie virgin and that's the gal I want!
IMO the best of the Genus. My AF just passed on (sniff) but I has a 2" Sling going. You chose well.. I have a Regalis, Formosa and Vittata as well, but the rufilata is the best

Baby T

Arachnoknight
IMO the best of the Genus. My AF just passed on (sniff) but I has a 2" Sling going. You chose well.. I have a Regalis, Formosa and Vittata as well, but the rufilata is the best
Sorry for your loss 😥 I hope you had some good years together.
Fingers crossed this new sling turns out F too!
I'm waiting for an invert show near me tbh then I'm on the hunt for one!

Swamps

Arachnopeon
I've had a list of spiders I've been wanting as soon as I started the hobby. Since I'm new to this, I haven't had many types so my list is quite large. I've just bought my second most wanted, so I'll bump the list up one (P. Irminia).

1. Any Poecilotheria. All of them are first place. Beautiful creatures. 10/10
2. Theraphosidae Sp. "Panama", gorgeous, 10/10
3. B. auratum, I like the little knees
4. Chilobrachys "Keng Krachan", just yes please
5. M. Balfori, beautiful colors, beautiful T overall
6. H. maculata, can you tell I have a thing for patterns?
7. D. pentaloris, the orange is really nice
8. Chilbrachys Fimbriatus, patterns
9. P. Cambridgei, also just yes please
10. A. avicularia or metallica, fuzz

jenniferinny

Arachnoknight
I have an extensive list as I'm just getting back in.
Please excuse any old names, I'll learn the new names eventually.. lol
P. metallica and P. rufiliata
Three psalmos; cambridgei, irminia and pulcher. Had them before and loved them.
A. versicolor, had one before and it was a great t.
Nhandu vulpinus (tripeppi now?)
G. pulcher cause I loved the behavior of my old rose hair hoping for similar in a different coloration
Nhandu chromatus if I come across one.

I'm sure I'll come across more I need, but, those were ones I had or really wanted last time around. Last time I ended up with a lot of burrowers, I'm definitely going to have less deep burrowers this time around simply because I'm crap at rehousing them. It's just a nightmare to me to move them around. The terrestrials and arboreals are just so much easier to move around.