Wastelands of Rialto, CA, USA, dial up warning :)

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I can never plan that far ahead... but I want to go bad enough to pretend I can.
We could kidnap you. They couldnt blame you for missing work if masked, armed invert hunters took you (seemingly) against your will. ;)
i have a bb gun and a rusty hatchet, and i always carry a ski mask just in case

twirl and kill

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
lol,that would be a funny tv series.
im not too sure but it is still possible ill be able to make the 29th.:D

gunslinger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey buthus ...........what kind of setup do you use for the Kukulcania?

buthus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey buthus ...........what kind of setup do you use for the Kukulcania?
Ill try and post some new enclosure pics soon. Ive kept the ones I have in several different ways, but I have regrettably only built one enclosure for the species.
Anyway.. weve crapped Andrew's thread far too much. (me being the worst crapper) :D ;)

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
the next hunt is SUNDAY, APRIL 29th @ 9am @ MY HOUSE

be there or be square

email (preferred) or pm (deprecated) to get specific directions to my house, but to get to my street gmap or mapq or ymap
12201 Blue Spruce Drive
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91739

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
May 12, 2007

i grabbed a little gopher snake. it was cute.

twirl grabbed a gopher snake that nbond saw. it was big and nice.

And now.... something i have been looking for since i started in the bug hobby. After checking countless seed and plant bugs... a real and true California Assassin Bug! I found wimpy versions in the past... but the best they could feed on was aphids (or each other, *sigh*)... but i have great hopes for this one! I would deeply love for this to be a female that would be capable of starting a colony for me :D

i think this is either some kind of conenose or a bee assassin. i am really hoping bee assassin!
http://www.dbc.uci.edu/~pjbryant/biodiv/hemipt/Apiomerus.htm

ok, apparently conenose has a straight, tapered beak and assassins have a curved beak. should be relatively straightforward to tell, now

zoom

zoom

zoom

zoom

Last edited:

ftorres

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Bug Hunting

Hello all,
Hey Caco, I will try my best to get to the next hunting/collecting trip.

I think that the grub you got might be from a Cetonid, perhaps Cutinus sp.
Cutinus sp are best know as the fig Beetles.

Very Nice finds everyone.

Did you guys see any good dead and decayed trees around?????

regards
FT

twirl and kill

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello all,

regards
FT
lot of dead decayed trees,and we also found a few dead/decayed goats,and dogs.took a couple pics to ;P

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hello all,

regards
FT
in the wastelands i wouldn't really trust any wood you brought out. scumbags dump oil and even worse stuff all over the place. it is truly sickening. i don't mind all the safe, like stable garbage... but there are electronics, various toxic fluids, batteries, etc dumped.

the day creek canyon above my house has drift wook looking stuff in the canyon floor and some bits of decaying pine and possibly hardwood (oak?) in these sort of nook things tucked into the bends of the canyon/valley walls. i would be much more confident there is no nasty manmade stuff in those... but it is probably a bit of a walk to most of the big stands of hardwood trees and a much longer seeming walk back with a pack full of wood and humus and stuff. doable, though, for sure

the next trip is Saturday, May 26, 2007

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Wow! My dialup is smoking today! I could actually see a lot of the pics. I haven't been to this thread in a long time. A lot of stuff going on over there. Sounds like an interesting area. Sounds like a cool place ...but people are trashing it? Hope somebody stops that, at least the chemical stuff or slows the trashing down. It will never totally stop I guess. Sounds fun.