Under Rated?

belljar77

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
E. campestratus. I have an adult female that's one of my favorites, can't for the life of me find any slings to raise. Maybe she'll be my first breeding project ;)

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I agree with Chilobrachys fimbriatus. GREAT spiders,and the prices seem to have really come down on them as of late.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Man a lot of the spiders listed here are actually kinda popular and not under rated at all! Psalmopeus for example is quite common in collections and people buy them up like crazy.
Some spiders that I personally feel deserve a lot more attention are:

Cyriopagopus schioedtei - Absolutely stunning species!Very colorful and reach impressive sizes as adults.I have no idea why but it seems like not to many hobbyists are interested in them.

Phlogius crassipes - Very cool spiders often overlooked due to there brownish color.These spiders get huge and are out in the open a lot unlike many other burrowing species.I think the Aussie T's in general deserve a bit more attention!Really just awesome spiders!

Chilobrachys fimbriatus - This species used to be very popular but is often sold dirt cheap now and not really hyped up very much.They have beautiful markings and while there not the most colorful they make up for it with there size and attitude hehe.They also are one of the best webbers I've seen and make excellent captives!

I think alot of the species I keep here are under rated but most collectors arent really into some of these random Asian species I love so much hehe!
Either way its all about what You like not whats most rare/uncommon under rated.
-Chris
I agree the irminia & cambridgei are both very common.. But the reduncus & pulcher.. I dont find these to be as common.. The pulcher is sought after.. But not very common.. The reduncus.. I hardly read anyone talk about them.. So.. I guess I could restate my original post & say the latter 2 are under rated...

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
it was harder than heck to find info about euathlus sp. when i looked into buying mine, so i'd say that's my input for the thread.

i also think cambridgei get looked over a lot, because of p. irminia.

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
I think most the obligated burrowers are over looked. They are good looking T's when you see them.

Motorkar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I agree the irminia & cambridgei are both very common.. But the reduncus & pulcher.. I dont find these to be as common.. The pulcher is sought after.. But not very common.. The reduncus.. I hardly read anyone talk about them.. So.. I guess I could restate my original post & say the latter 2 are under rated...
I totally agree!!

NevularScorpion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Anything Pamphobeteus
This is like an insult, I refuse to believe that Pamps sp are under rated. they are very popular and in a good price. who can resist a baby T that has christmas tree pattern and turns into jet black, violet, purple, pink, blue, gold colors (depends on the sp.) as an adult.

I don't think the following are under rated :embarrassed:

P ultramarinus
P petersi
P vespertinus
P insignis
P Santo domingo goliat (rivals the T blondi in size and power)
P sp Chicken spiders (communal Ts that hunt together)

presurcukr

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Here are two that I have that I think are often overlooked
Xenesthis intermedia
Pamphobeteus nigricolor

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
+1 chilobrachys are one of my fav burrowers. Speed and feeding responce is that of an ninja assasin. Best Burrows, Lots of webbing. Always fun to transfer into a new home. My little slings crunch up and roll around playing dead when i rehouse them. {D

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Chilobrachys fimbriatus - This species used to be very popular but is often sold dirt cheap now and not really hyped up very much.They have beautiful markings and while there not the most colorful they make up for it with there size and attitude hehe.They also are one of the best webbers I've seen and make excellent captives!
Agreeing with this also. There also seems to be very little care info on them specifically. Most of what i've found just pointed me towards info on C. huahini. So glad I have two little ones now :D

the reduncus & pulcher.. I dont find these to be as common.. The pulcher is sought after.. But not very common.. The reduncus.. I hardly read anyone talk about them..
The P. pulcher seems to be on the up & up with popularity. The reduncus however, :( There aren't many good pictures either, no wonder they aren't popular. TiogaWhiteTiger has posted several more P. reduncus pictures and they are awesome :worship:

I second, in fact the whole genus
I need to get more of the other Taps. I also need to start remember to recommend them more. Mine are growing like weeds & my most active/viewable species.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The P. pulcher seems to be on the up & up with popularity. The reduncus however, :( There aren't many good pictures either, no wonder they aren't popular. TiogaWhiteTiger has posted several more P. reduncus pictures and they are awesome :worship:
The pulcher might be popular.. But its still a very uncommon sp.. I know there are some that want it.. Still very few that have them.. In fact.. I only know of one seller that has some slings for sell.. Since buying mine.. I have only seen a few for sale by an individual..

As far as the reduncus.. I have seen more of these for sale than the pulcher.. So they are easiers to come by.. But they are not as popular as the pulcher..

IMO..

If you are going to get an irminia.. You might as well find the cambridgei, reduncus, & pulcher! :D