Under Rated?

Anubis77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Heteroscodra maculata. You don't see many white tarantulas. Blue ones are all over the place in comparison.

Scorpionking20

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
They are very popular and VERY sought after? LOL
I fixed it above but perhaps you didn't see it. I was being cute and sarcastic. Your' P metallica vids got my wife into this hobby, and I've spent a HUGE portion of my income on Ts lately, so thanks Rob!

BTW: I'm hoping for some more Sammy vids! Perhaps a holding vid where you feed her a roach while she rests in your' hand! ;) I liked Zilla, but even before she got sick I thought Sammy was prettier. I wish I could buy her off you!

sn95

Arachnopeon
I am liking this thread. I have over looked the whole genus Chilobrachys, but after reading this thread I am looking into them more. Most likely I will be buying both a C.fimbriatus and a C. huahini when I order up some new T's this week. I just want to read up on them a bit more before I get to set on getting them.

presurcukr

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I am liking this thread. I have over looked the whole genus Chilobrachys, but after reading this thread I am looking into them more. Most likely I will be buying both a C.fimbriatus and a C. huahini when I order up some new T's this week. I just want to read up on them a bit more before I get to set on getting them.
C. huahini nasty little bug mine wants to rip my face off every time I feed her.If You have cats or dogs make sure they never get bit!!

Mr. Irminia

Arachnopeon
Man a lot of the spiders listed here are actually kinda popular and not under rated at all!Psalmopeus for example is quite common in collections and people buy them up like crazy.
Some spiders that I personally feel deserve a lot more attention are:

Cyriopagopus schioedtei - Absolutely stunning species!Very colorful and reach impressive sizes as adults.I have no idea why but it seems like not to many hobbyists are interested in them.

Phlogius crassipes - Very cool spiders often overlooked due to there brownish color.These spiders get huge and are out in the open a lot unlike many other burrowing species.I think the Aussie T's in general deserve a bit more attention!Really just awesome spiders!

Chilobrachys fimbriatus - This species used to be very popular but is often sold dirt cheap now and not really hyped up very much.They have beautiful markings and while there not the most colorful they make up for it with there size and attitude hehe.They also are one of the best webbers I've seen and make excellent captives!

I think alot of the species I keep here are under rated but most collectors arent really into some of these random Asian species I love so much hehe!
Either way its all about what You like not whats most rare/uncommon under rated.
-Chris
i second the C. schioedtei, i have two slings on the way.

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The pulcher might be popular.. But its still a very uncommon sp.. I know there are some that want it.. Still very few that have them.. In fact.. I only know of one seller that has some slings for sell.. Since buying mine.. I have only seen a few for sale by an individual..

As far as the reduncus.. I have seen more of these for sale than the pulcher.. So they are easiers to come by.. But they are not as popular as the pulcher..

IMO..
Oh yes, I wasn't arguing that at all. The supply & demand for pulcher's just haven't caught up with each other.

The supply is there for reduncus, just not much of a demand.

That's all I was trying to say :D

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Heterothele villosella.
I've owned several in the past, adults... Not the most impressive in color, but make up for it in their amazing ability to web. :)

Also, almost any and all Coremiocnemis species.

Arachnoholic420

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Man a lot of the spiders listed here are actually kinda popular and not under rated at all!Psalmopeus for example is quite common in collections and people buy them up like crazy.
Some spiders that I personally feel deserve a lot more attention are:

Cyriopagopus schioedtei - Absolutely stunning species!Very colorful and reach impressive sizes as adults.I have no idea why but it seems like not to many hobbyists are interested in them.

Phlogius crassipes - Very cool spiders often overlooked due to there brownish color.These spiders get huge and are out in the open a lot unlike many other burrowing species.I think the Aussie T's in general deserve a bit more attention!Really just awesome spiders!

Chilobrachys fimbriatus - This species used to be very popular but is often sold dirt cheap now and not really hyped up very much.They have beautiful markings and while there not the most colorful they make up for it with there size and attitude hehe.They also are one of the best webbers I've seen and make excellent captives!

I think alot of the species I keep here are under rated but most collectors arent really into some of these random Asian species I love so much hehe!
Either way its all about what You like not whats most rare/uncommon under rated.
-Chris
I agree with u 100% on this post!!!!

I just got female Cyriopagopus schioedtei
that is currently molting right ATM!!!!!

Arachnoholic420

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
One sec.... Tommy!!!
I didnt really want to disturb her and take pics,
but since you ASKED!!!!
She just finished her molt safe and sound i got a few shots and uploading......;P

Last edited:

Miss Bianca

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Iridopelma hirsutum, aphonopelma coloradanum, & Brachypelma vagans
(my MF B. vagans is gorgeoussss)

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
Cyriocosmus perezmilesi: elegan's not-as-sexy-looking-but-still-hot-in-a-next-door-spider-kind-of-way sister.

AudreyElizabeth

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I just placed an order for a P. pulcher. I really didn't need to, but I couldn't pass it up. :eek:

Hanes

Arachnosquire
I need to get more of the other Taps. I also need to start remember to recommend them more. Mine are growing like weeds & my most active/viewable species.
The violaceus is such a pretty spider aswell, like a turbocharged a.purpurea

boonbear

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i like the looks of a Pamphobeteus platyomma myself, but don't have one. So I'm not sure about the attitude.

I had a fimbriatus, but it hated me and starved itself. really bummed me out. it made AWESOME webs, which i love.

Out of what I have, i have to say my l. parahybanas are my fav. They eat like pigs and aren't bashful. Not much to look at though, other than just sheer size. I traded one that was 9". I kind of wish i hadn't now, but She just took up soooo much room.

JimM

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Ceratogyrus marshalli and it's cousins.
Ditto on P. metallic being overrated...far from the nicest Pokey IMHO.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Psalmopoeus cambridgei
Nhandu tripepii
Ditto. I confess I didn't think P.cambridgei or P.reduncus would be that interesting.

I thought P.reduncus would be brown and I'd hardly see them, but the slings actually have a slight green sheen on the abdomen (especially after a molt). They also have very interesting web designs.

I also think some of the MMs of species are underrated. I kind of like the look of the Psalmopoeus and the Lampropelma males. They're just so fluffy!