Ugliest Tarantula

briarpatch10

Arachnosquire
I have been looking for the last few hours online and I cant find one...so tell me is there a tarantula that you find ugly? probly a more unattractive one for me is the Ceratogyrus marshalli but still it not "ugly" to me

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Many

Hmm.....? That would be ANY captive spp being tong-fed once a month- with a gargantuan prosoma and butt shriveled up like a bean. :p

DrJ

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
...probly a more unattractive one for me is the Ceratogyrus marshalli but still it not "ugly" to me
Yeah...you better watch it there, buck-o. The Ceratogyrus marshalli is considered incredibly beautiful by many fine citizens. Myself included. :)

An ugly one, though? Hmmm...does such a T exist? I can see beauty in all of them, even the ones I don't especially care for.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hmm.....? That would be ANY captive spp being tong-fed once a month- with a gargantuan prosoma and butt shriveled up like a bean. :p
I agree with you there. Any animal neglect looks pretty ugly.

If you're asking about a specific species, I'll post one when I find one. ;){D

I think MM Lampropelma and Psalmopoeus are underrated. They're so fluffy!

nhaverland413

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yeah...you better watch it there, buck-o. The Ceratogyrus marshalli is considered incredibly beautiful by many fine citizens. Myself included.
+1 :eek:
sure that nub is funny looking... but those patterns!!

I would argue that there is no such thing as an ugly tarantula genus/species, some are certainly more plain than others but none really have strikingly "hideous" features. I think the closest you can get to ugly is a hagard, old MM of any species.

By the by... what is ugly? :?

briarpatch10

Arachnosquire
Yeah...you better watch it there, buck-o. The Ceratogyrus marshalli is considered incredibly beautiful by many fine citizens. Myself included. :)

An ugly one, though? Hmmm...does such a T exist? I can see beauty in all of them, even the ones I don't especially care for.

lol no offense intended !!!!:8o

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
I can't think of a ugly T i mean some are more attactive then others but never ugly. Most are colorful in one way or another so i think it depends if you find one T more beautiful then another. Which changes person to person

JimM

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Count me in on that one.

Arakatac

Arachnopeon
I have been looking for the last few hours online and I cant find one...so tell me is there a tarantula that you find ugly? probly a more unattractive one for me is the Ceratogyrus marshalli but still it not "ugly" to me
Seems to me this is a question better addressed to NON-tarantula keepers - I think that no matter what tarantula you name, those of us on this forum will easily see beauty in it.

RoseT

Arachnosquire
Ive never been to interested in the cali trapdoor spider, may I even call it an ugly one?...Nothing personal. ;)

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
http://www.tarantulacanada.ca/gallery/images/570.jpg

Maraca horrida

Doesn't look like a tarantula to me that's the only reason I say its kind of ugly.
hahah thats goofy but in a cute sorta way. I personally find nothing appealing about the Theraphosa genus. big...yes, but very brown and drab in comparison to others. even a freshly molted blondi is "ok" at its best. but that is simply just my opinion...please dont rake me over the U-hairs for it.

captmarga

Arachnobaron
http://www.tarantulacanada.ca/gallery/images/570.jpg

Maraca horrida

Doesn't look like a tarantula to me that's the only reason I say its kind of ugly.
Underfed male? Awfully leggy. I remember many years ago seeing a photo of pokies for the first time, and thinking "that's not a tarantula" when seeing the pokie stance. Therefore, I never wanted one. Now of course, I want P. metallica.

I don't suppose I'd turn down any T, but I don't personally like the horned baboons.

Marga

jdmjames

Arachnopeon
lol ive never seen one of those horned baboons. looks like its wearing a dunce cap :p but it looks cool other than thatt lol. egly Ts are dead Ts after a week or so with no preservatives. o_O

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Horned baboons have no appeal at all to me.
I could call them ugly, no offence to those who like them.

But I find theraphosa very attractive, so to each their own.

dannyboypede

Arachnosquire
g. pulchra are kind of boring to me. although i dont think any spiders are ugly really. each t has a special thing about it.

spidersnstuff

Arachnopeon
What about whatever this thing is, my friend said that he "found the cat playing with it" That was a long time ago I was a T. noob, it was probably a male, it just ran around all day and occasionaly drank some water DSC00894.jpg

Tindalos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
horned baboons
i will mostly will end up with one of them one day, but not today

i think slings who haven't received adult coloration (except those that have vivid color, avic, GBB, etc) and are obese and in premolt are pretty icky. like LPs. but luckily they grow out of that stage fast.