Ugliest Tarantula

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Any Theraphosa
Maraca cabocla

I'm sure I can name a few others but those are the ones that come to mind right now.

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think T. blondi are ugly. Just me, though.
Not just you.... their size is impressive and that's about it for me. ;) That is a genus I have no interest in truthfully.

I would have told you our A. sp.Guatemala was 'ugly', but then it molted into a slate blue from an all over light tan and I changed my mind. :D

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I'm on the "T. blondi are ugly" boat lol Nothing attractive about em at all, aside from the part where they have eight legs and fangs.

I think C. marshalli and other horned baboons are simply stunning... but then again, anything baboon has my attention.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Im gonna have to disagree about the T. blondi being ugly.. Why is nobody here saying otherwise? Im sure they are just late to this thread. :rolleyes: They look so massive and I love the patella markings! Not to mention all those leg bristles. :}

Offkillter

Arachnosquire
T blondi,overrated......Though I would own one if the price reflected it's true value. It's a big T,big woop!

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
T blondi,overrated......Though I would own one if the price reflected it's true value. It's a big T,big woop!
They are expensive because they are very hard to get a good sac out of. :rolleyes: Even when you get a good one its pretty small. I like them because of there disposition, size and massive appetite. There is alot more to like than just the size of them. Watching them grow up is a sight to behold. :)

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The "overrated " statement is as valid as to say poopy papi poo.

Depending on the personal prefferences. Any T can be as valuable as you want it to be.

Market wise, a tarantula that is quite hard to breed (Theraphosa blondi ) is not overrated.
It is expensive, but not overrated.

Offkillter

Arachnosquire
The "overrated " statement is as valid as to say poopy papi poo.

Depending on the personal prefferences. Any T can be as valuable as you want it to be.

Market wise, a tarantula that is quite hard to breed (Theraphosa blondi ) is not overrated.
It is expensive, but not overrated.
Expensive and overrated poopy papi !

JimM

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I don't think any are "ugly" especially since they all more or less (obvious variations notwithstanding) share the same morphology with different paint jobs.

I do however tend to be bored by uniformly brown spiders, T. blondi included.

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
I like T blondi's they might not be the most colorful T but they make up for it with personality. You could say LP's are the same way but i love LP's big T's are awsome :D plus T blondi's are massive T's :D

Quixtar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The Theraphosa genus is the ugliest in my opinion, but I look for much more than just coloration -- disposition, size, unique behavior, rarity, toxicity, etc.

For example. Phormictopus cochleasvorax is a boring and drab brown T, but what makes it interesting is that it eats snails. Eats snails. Snails. Nails. Ails. Ils. Ls. S.

I'd love to have a monster sized T. apophysis too.