Today in the Spider Room?

Finikan

Painter of Poorly Rendered Images
Arachnosupporter +
Well, that sucks.

But that's awesome.

We'll call this one push? :embarrassed:
I'm excited to add this one to the collection. Pic in the new additions thread 😊 Very sad for my little avic. Have not had a death in a very long time, but I understand it was out of my control and I did what I could.

USNGunner

Arachnosquire
I'm excited to add this one to the collection. Pic in the new additions thread 😊 Very sad for my little avic. Have not had a death in a very long time, but I understand it was out of my control and I did what I could.
Then it goes to the win column. Sorry for the avic. :sad:

USNGunner

Arachnosquire
One of the Long lost Hapalapous sp Columbia (lg) made an appearance. It has been months and that beastie has doubled in size. :D

IMG_0717.jpg

And speaking of Tarantula's being ambush predators. My P. cambredgei lies in wait in her new home. :lurking:

IMG_0720.jpg IMG_0721.jpg

YungRasputin

Arachnobaron
will try to take photos tomorrow so it can be properly identified however i just got home from work and per usual, i went into my spider room to check on my babies - as i reach for my C. Marshalli sling’s enclosure i notice that there’s a true spider crawling around the side of an empty enclosure i have saved for my next scorpion lmao literally just hopped in the enclosure

so i caught with a vial and quickly fixed up a little enclosure for it using an empty sling box - hilarious and awesome - the spiders literally catch themselves around here 🤣

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
My T. albo was completely upside down hanging from the lid of his enclosure last night. It's not mesh, just the plastic slats, but boy was he hanging on. I know some would suggest a rehouse but he's going on a year mature, it doesn't seem practical to me. He got down safely and ate a mealworm for me.

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
My new Bumba horrida sling is doing fantastic so far. I honestly didn't think much of the species when I first saw photos of them online, but when I saw the slings at the reptile expo I was stunned at how bright and beautiful they were, even though they were so tiny. I dropped a prekilled mealworm into the enclosureand to my surprise the sling ate the entire thing over the course of about 24 hours, not once putting it down. I think that this species is a new unexpected favorite. My P. ornata sling is also settling in nicely. It's already created a burrow at the base of a piece of cork bark, with its little spindly legs sticking out. At night it's been working hard to construct some dirt curtains. It looks like a little fluff ball with legs. Hoping it's a female, but who knows. Much too tiny to even attempt sexing it at the moment.

GiuseppeCharcodes

Arachnopeon
Went to try and move my A. chalcodes to replace the water dish. She turned right around and tagged the paint brush- thought for a second she would run up the handle. Now she's threat posturing at the new one

Attachments

tamra

Arachnopeon
She's spending most of her time underground now but she opened a large window in her main cavern so I can watch her nap (and worry the whole thing is going to collapse on her).

I think my curly hair is fossorial.
My T has been underground about 5 weeks now, so most of the time I've owned her. I keep the water dish full and waffle about buying some fresh mealworms or crickets for when she comes out. The old mealworms are alive but their bedding is getting gooey.

The window into her lair is still open but she spends most of her time deeper in where I can't see her. I have a NEST cam trained on the window so once in a while I scan the footage and see a fuzzy knee or a foot for a few seconds. She's excavated so much of the heavy substrate the whole thing is defying gravity at this point.

In the meantime I named her Kuku (short for Mayan god Kukulkan -- seemed fitting) and printed a photo of her and put it in a frame above her enclosure so I remember what she looks like and can point to it if anyone asks what lives in the box of dirt. Kind of like tending a zen garden so far ...

There is a big reptile show in Calgary in two weeks. Never been to one but I'm looking forward to checking it out and maybe seeing some new species in person (if it's not shut down due to the colossal COVID surge we're experiencing at the mo). Ya ... enjoying everyone else's posts though.

corydalis

Arachnosquire
One of my girls rearranging her burrow before an expected molt (her sis molted a couple days ago).

Monocentropus balfouri
IMG_0630.JPG

KenNet

Arachnosquire
What happened today?

Nothing much really.

My Brachypelma hamorii is doing nothing, but looking gorgeous as always.

Brachypelma hamorii.jpg

My female sp. Hati Hati is climbing the walls and it looks like she needs a new enclosure. I agree with her. Coming soon.

sp. Hati Hati.jpg

My female Haploclastus devamatha really do know how to poop away from her turret, so I had to clean the glass once again.

IMG_20210903_034238-01.jpeg

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
My A. anax has started excavating. Makes me happy, she was so stressed after her rehouse and didn't seem too pleased with me. But now I guess she's settling in properly. :)

Edan bandoot

Arachnoprince

corydalis

Arachnosquire
Rehoused my C. lividus (sub?) female as she pretty much grew out her old enclosure. I was eager to grab the opportunity to take a few hundred million picture of her, since I had no idea if I will ever see her again after she settled. My lass had other plans though, so after a couple of shots I was compelled to move her into her new home.

IMG_0721.JPG IMG_0741.JPG