Today in the Spider Room?

campj

Captive bread
Old Timer
Oh I know lol, took me a long time to find clear containers with dimensions like that (and no stupid recessed handles :shifty:). Forum rules prevent me from posting a direct link and I don't want to have to DM it to everyone, but I can say they're from The Container Store. If you type 10080434 (that's the SKU) into the search bar of their website, you'll pull them up. You can get a pack of 4 or buy them singly for a rather reasonable price. I haven't modified any yet, so I don't know how brittle they are.
Much appreciated!

Ah, cereal boxes. Interesting. They've got mixed reviews from all these cereal enthusiasts... maybe if they make good haplotanks you can throw some positive reviews with pictures to boost the ratings.

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
Much appreciated!

Ah, cereal boxes. Interesting. They've got mixed reviews from all these cereal enthusiasts... maybe if they make good haplotanks you can throw some positive reviews with pictures to boost the ratings.
Anytime scrote :rofl: .

Sorry couldn't resist, love that movie. IMO, the only comedy film that aged into a documentry, but I digress lol.

campj

Captive bread
Old Timer
Anytime scrote :rofl: .

Sorry couldn't resist, love that movie. IMO, the only comedy film that aged into a documentry, but I digress lol.
Dude what??? I watch hardly any movies, did I unintentionally quote something?

I mean shoot, if you wanna call me scrote I guess I won't stop you.

Searched scrote to see if movie quotes pop up, but it's just definitions for what you'd expect. Not Google image searching that one.

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
Dude what??? I watch hardly any movies, did I unintentionally quote something?

I mean shoot, if you wanna call me scrote I guess I won't stop you.
Lol you're title. "Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Camacho", the President in Idiocracy.

TheKitchenSink

Arachnopeon
Rehoused my c. Fimbriatus due to some mold in its enclosure. Geez it's cute. Wandered outside of the catch cup and decided to "hide" in plain sight. Grabbed the camera beside me, because you never know when you will ever see a fossorial species again. Wandered right in its new hole with a gentle touch from the paint brush. See you on the next rehouse beautiful 😘❤

Attachments

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
Rehouses............. A lot of rehouses o_O
20230117_201535.jpg

Added a full suite of environmental controls to the T room this weeks as well (and I'm doing a "build log" of sorts for a dedicated room here if anyone wants to know more or get some ideas).
20230115_110501.jpg

Built a rehouse/shipping supply cart out of some leftover shelfs, casters, and some uprights I ordered to try and get more organized. Still a work in progress, but the extra working space has already come in handy.
20230119_120609.jpg

Finally, spent less than $20 on a cheap selfie light rig and tripod at Walmart to try and get better pictures of some of my specimens. The difference really is night and day and I see myself getting more into the photography side of the hobby this year, funds willing. For example:
20221208_122810.jpg
0.1 Aphonopelma sp Dragoons with room lighting and picture taken offhand with a Note10+

20230118_150826.jpg
Same girl, same camera (phone). Only difference is it was tripod mounted and she was lit using a cheap selfie ring light.

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
20230130_204439.jpg
First pokie eggsack. Pulled from a 8.5" DLS P. rufilata. Neither of us enjoyed the experience lol.

8 legged

Arachnoprince
Today was a good day in the spider room. Not only the 8-legged friends were happy to show off.

Lycosa fasciiventris and her egg sack. A Lycosa living and acting like a Heteropoda... / Eresus walckenaeri from greece. Rehoused four of them. The only species I never gave one drop of water. It works...
DSCN6500.JPG DSCN6503.JPG
DSCN6505.JPG

A five years old G. pulchra on the left. On the right my oldest and by far biggest pulchra. She was born in 2012 and has 10 cm bodylength...
DSCN6507.JPG DSCN6512.JPG

And the legless ones ;-)
BCI Hog Island
DSCN6401.JPG DSCN6413.JPG

BCI Tarahumara and my pair of Lichanura roseofusca. Woke up last week!
DSCN6427.JPG DSCN6438.JPG

8 legged

Arachnoprince
Another home office day... Look at my office team:

Liphistius fuscus / Liphistius trang
DSCN6528.JPG DSCN6530.JPG

Dolomedes okefinokensis / Lycosa hispanica
DSCN6535.JPG DSCN6536.JPG

8 legged

Arachnoprince
First of all, sorry for putting one post after the next, but it's always a new day ;-)

Today I moved some animals (which was long overdue)...
I always spray new enclosures heavily at first (real plants!)... they dry by themselves.

Cheatopelma olivaceum in her new world
DSCN6572.JPG DSCN6549.JPG

My Theraphosinea sp piura / Thrixopelma pruriens "holdback" from 2021...
DSCN6567.JPG DSCN6571.JPG

Fat Emilia in it´s new and final enclosure
DSCN6562.JPG DSCN6561.JPG

Avicularia minatrix; she was a little stressed but started webbing 10 minutes later :)... what a super spot :rolleyes:
DSCN6543.JPG DSCN6575.JPG

Last edited:

campj

Captive bread
Old Timer
First of all, sorry for putting one post after the next, but it's always a new day ;-)

Today I moved some animals (which was long overdue)...
I always spray new enclosures heavily at first (real plants!)... they dry by themselves.

Cheatopelma olivaceum in her new world
View attachment 438562 View attachment 438563

My Theraphosinea sp piura / Thrixopelma pruriens "holdback" from 2021...
View attachment 438564 View attachment 438565

Fat Emilia in it´s new and final enclosure
View attachment 438566 View attachment 438567

Avicularia minatrix; she was a little stressed but started webbing 10 minutes later :)
View attachment 438568
You never need to apologize for posting pictures of your awesome collection and enclosures.

Cheatopelma olivaceum is a sleeper... they're cheap and don't seem to get much attention, but I got one as a freebie and am really enjoying it. Have you seen the World of Spiders videos of them in Cyprus? Looks like they are fond of making home in the crevices of rock walls. I've seen some very suitable rocks down by the river where I live and once mine gets bigger (and all the snow and ice around here melts lol) I plan to collect enough rocks to construct something that replicates the videos. A little complicated, but will pay off I think.

How fast did yours grow? Any idea if it's mature?