Today in the Spider Room?

emartinm28

Arachnoknight
Rehoused 0.0.2 T. albopilosus and 0.1.0 A. iodius! The albos are already working on their burrows. Was going to rehouse my A. moderatum as well but of course it decided to bury itself :/ Also H. petersii molted the other day and is now even more angry than before!
AE576063-59F3-48F9-8601-99AE63957E9C.jpeg

Tarantulasora

Arachnopeon
I woke up with superworms escaping and climbing up the walls. The escapees were promptly executed for their crimes via tarantula.

liquidfluidity

Arachnoknight
Did some rehouses last night and started my T. apophysis enclosure. Finished it up this morning.

Very inquisitive 3" sling. Starting to dig out under some cork bark exactly where I wanted.

Rozwyrazowana

Arachnopeon
It's been almost three months since I've seen my C. elegans and three weeks since I've seen any signs of activity in its enclosure. It does make me a bit nervous but I know it's nothing out of the ordinary.

Most of my Ts have synced molting cycles and I can see a lot of fat butts and Ts getting lazier.

RevS

Arachnopeon
Not today but tomorrow I'm taking Typhoon - my MM C.cyaneopubescens - to a breeder.

It's almost 100km trip and I don't trust our delivery services in those conditions (cold) so I'll be bringing him myself.

I'm not sure if I'll get to ever see him again...

Rozwyrazowana

Arachnopeon
I've just rehoused my 3" P. cambridgei, a brush got bitten once, but apart from that, it went smoothly.

Yesterday I bought an adult female LP, she is around 7" so not that big for an LP, but she is HUGE when compared with my other Ts. She is very, very fat. Apparently, she has her own idea of an ideal enclosure as she was dragging fake plants for about two hours today. In addition, she managed to poop through ventilation holes at an angle, so the poop landed on the floor near the shelf. I can't complain about the lack of entertainment with her.

ConstantSorrow

Arachnosquire
That feeling when your E. campestratus finally emerges from molting....and appears to be the exact same size it was before.
*sigh*

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
The spider room has been so devoid of activity lately, lol. My spiders have been so, for lack of a better term, spidery. :bored:

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
I noticed my new (to me) MF Heterothele villosella was drumming last night during feeding so I finally put in my mature male.
875FBBEE-A802-4037-91E0-77AAC3798756.jpeg
While I was laying in bed, I heard some rapping coming from my T shelf, so I took a flashlight and found these two kids getting extremely freaky.

That wasn’t the noise, though. The noise was my subadult Hogna carolinensis trying to push the lid of his enclosure up. He would have been successful if I didn’t have a hasp on it.

Metallattorney

Arachnopeon
Rehoused my OBT and p. lugardi mainly because I had to get the lugardi in a new enclosure that I could prevent the constant bolting better. The OBT was shockingly easy to rehouse.

On another note, I knew I should not have checked out Tarantula Canada's site. They have a harpactira chrysogaster for sale. I do not live in Canada, unfortunately or it would be mine.

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
Checked on everyone today and my T. albo was nowhere to be seen. Look in his hide and he was so far back in there it's a wonder how he got in.

Hoxter

Arachnoderp
My A. chalcodes finally ate for the first time in my care. And I've had her for around 2 months

Ted Rantula

Arachnopeon
So what notable thing happened in your spider room today? Here's what's notable in mine. I'm a little spooked out. Spiders are so intuitive somehow. They just seem to know things sometimes.

Today is the first day that we may have 100 degree temperatures here in Phoenix. It's been really warm for about 2 weeks, so we've had the air conditioner on and the door is closed. As far as my spiders know, it's a normal april with temperature in the low-to-mid 70s. I go to check on the spiders this morning, and my beautiful male New River Rust Rump chalcodes has gone to Spider Jesus. Today. First real summer temperature day.

And who knew, because we're like 20 degrees above the average temperature right now, but the air conditioner is on. He lasts until today of all days. I find this very weird, but you know what? It's truly summer when the boys of LAST Summer are finally ready to give it up to a new generation and finally give up the ghost. Mind how you go, sexy pants. I just hope I get a sac with your genes in it, you good-looking son of a gun. :bigtears:

BUT... I did get the most adorable little A. Metallica sling from Beau, a guy I met on Craigslist, and his adorable son--both of whom will be at the Predators event in Mesa this weekend along with several of us Arachnoboarders. They're good people. I know this because my bearded dragon told me so. He's a real dowsing stick for people of character. He just knows who's worth knowing. :)

Just got an addition to the collection today. A 1.5 in (BL) A. Avicularia . I never have enough enclosures so I bought one while I was there. I like to make my own so, I just got an 8x8x12 for a temp house until I make one. Ive had the AAs before and know they go right to the top. Problem is , it has a screen top and its settled right in the middle of the screen. Its driving me crazy. I just signed up for this forum today so dont jump me for being stupid. I'm going down to the basement to cut a new top now. sorry I don't have better story but I wanted to get a few posts up. Ive been collecting Ts since the 80s and I dont want to be an Arachnopeon any more. :)

8 legged

Arachnoprince
Today all enclosures were watered and three spiders were moved.

Click to enlarge...
A C. versicolor sling (the only one I've kept) feels at home in the new home and eats first ;-)
PXL_20210207_172228903.jpg PXL_20210207_172141477.jpg

A P. irminia lady was very cooperative today. She did not hide but explored immediately.
PXL_20210207_172820816.MP.jpg DSCN6042.JPG

And last but not least, a little jumper got a new enclosure.
PXL_20210207_172948289.MP.jpg

sk063

Arachnopeon
Took a few days to settle in, but going to try feeding this evening. This guy or gal has been running laps this afternoon and webbing... Finally

Avicularia aurantiaca

Attachments

Lyra

Arachnopeon
Last night my Juvinile T.Albo actually made an appearance and sat out for a bit after 4 months in its burrow. I can only hope for more of this.