Today in the Spider Room?

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Rehoused one Psalmopoeus irminia got a molt and it was a little destroyed but is a suspect female both molt and ventrally . Probably around the 2.75-3in mark :) 8C80B904-84D4-4BF1-8C42-3656F6314210.jpeg 44076B09-E235-421F-9B3E-73CC8732B871.jpeg 083A0D55-C756-4202-B30A-DD313F1E26FA.jpeg

ConstantSorrow

Arachnosquire
After months of fasting, I finally got my MM T. albopilosus to eat a mealworm.
I was overjoyed, I thought the little fella was on his way out for sure.

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
I had a wacky feeding day yesterday. I slept poorly and was in pain and extremely tired, so I put one of my enclosures in a stupid place and accidentally knocked it over with my elbow. I feel terrible about it. The enclosure cracked and dirt went everywhere, but the spider seems fine. I still feel like a huge jerk though.

Other bad news: An Aphonopelma burica sling I bought ages ago appears to have died shortly after a molt. It never did well, so I'm not surprised. I don't think it was husbandry related but it still sucks. Poor baby.

Otherwise, I've gotten a few much-anticipated molts - one was my Plesiopelma sp Bolivia that I bought in November 2019 and just molted for the first time, so I'm excited to pull the molt and sex it:

And my Grammostola pulchripes girl I received from a friend in May 2019 molted for the first time in my care. She's still relatively young, but she is sexually mature, so I will try to breed her.

IMG_7440.JPG

Envoirment

Arachnosquire
Two tarantulas I ordered came early! I wasn't expecting them until next week. They are B. boehmei and B. emelia slings. I got them all set up in their enclosures and I usually only give slings pre-killed food as it's easier. But I had some pinhead crickets and decided to see if either would take.

The B. emelia didn't look interested, but I've left the cricket in there and will check back later.

The B. boehmei however, didn't hesitate at all! He's only a dinky 1cm and the cricket I gave him was ~0.75cm. He took it down as soon as it dropped. I love a tarantula with a strong feeding response.

Sterls

Arachnobaron
My Aphonopelma seemani emerged after about 3 months underground. She molted for the first time in my care while hidden (I've had her for just over 2 years), and so I have discovered she's the so-called "blue" CF.

sk063

Arachnopeon
The Nursery is set up. Just wanted to give the slings a more stable temperature since we keep our house on the low end of acceptable " from what I understand " 68° F. I've set up indirect heat and a temp probe with a thermostat set to 75° F 20210220_180301.jpg

8 legged

Arachnoprince
Originally I had ordered 7 animals from a private breeder. Already in January. Due to the temperatures, they only arrived today.
Now I am happy...
7 ordered, received 14! Some great freebies and a couple of P. ecclesiasticus were there too!
I have never received so many animals at once!
PXL_20210224_140358520.jpg

Envoirment

Arachnosquire
I ran out of pinhead crickets for my slings and only had superworms left, so I decided to chop up one to share between my slings. I accidently cut the pieces a bit too big and didn't realise how small my Lasiodora parahybana sling was. The piece I gave it was almost double the size of the spider itself. However it managed to drag it to its burrow where it is currently feeding. I have a feeling it's going to have a very large booty come tomorrow morning!

LD50

Arachnolord
Old Timer
My B. hamorii finally came out of it's burrow. I've had her since November, saw her a week and haven't seen her until today. Just glad she's alive 😀
Spoke too soon, she ate a mealworm and she has sealed her burrow once again 😆

8 legged

Arachnoprince
Two slings have changed their clothes. A N. incei, this should now be sub-adult and my stirmi sling is now in the 3rd instar. It's always unbelievable how fast they grow!

N. incei:
PXL_20210227_215359745.MP.jpg PXL_20210228_085618073.MP.jpg

T. stirmi:
PXL_20210228_090108916.MP.jpg

Rozwyrazowana

Arachnopeon
I'm tempted to make my own "OMG Dead or Molting" thread. My absolute favorite P. cambridgei sealed its burrow about a week ago. This morning I tried to peak into his burrow with a flashlight and I saw... Probably just a discarded molt. It looks like tangled legs facing up, so I'm 90% sure it's just a molt, but still, there is this 10% that keeps me nervous. So please keep your fingers crossed.

Rozwyrazowana

Arachnopeon
I'm tempted to make my own "OMG Dead or Molting" thread. My absolute favorite P. cambridgei sealed its burrow about a week ago. This morning I tried to peak into his burrow with a flashlight and I saw... Probably just a discarded molt. It looks like tangled legs facing up, so I'm 90% sure it's just a molt, but still, there is this 10% that keeps me nervous. So please keep your fingers crossed.
It's been 3 days and the legs haven't moved so I decided to check. I grabbed the tip of one leg and pulled out a molt. So not dead, just molting. I hope to sex the molt but as my apartment is undergoing major remodeling I don't have space for that at the moment. My smaller P. cambridgei is probably a male, so I really hope that this one will be a female.

Sterls

Arachnobaron
Rehoused my Ceratogyrus meridionalis and my Acanthoscurria geniculata. First one went pretty quick after I got the substrate dug out. The genic decided to get halfway between the two enclosure and then refused to move however much I prodded 😂

Last edited:

KenNet

Arachnosquire
My adult female Acanthoscurria geniculata sits in front of her "burrow" instead of above it. She usually only go there after being feed. Maybe spring is around the corner 🌞

Attachments