Species Tliltocatl vagans (ex Brachypelma vagans)

x Mr Awesome x

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
She is very beautiful. Although this pic isn't sharp I think it has a very artsy look to it. Almost desaturated and grainy. I'd be proud of it!

iMazar

Arachnosquire

the substrate looks wet but it is good to where i can clump it but if i touch the clumped up dirt it will just all fall apart.. well here he is i Just got him today :D
EDIT:This is the G.Pulchripes

Last edited:

SpiderJoe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I purchased her when she was very small and have taken care of her ever since.

I consider her part of my family.

Her she is.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Take care,

Joey

SpiderJoe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I wanted to change the title of this thread to "10 years of Brachypelma Vagans" because I just remembered I got her before I got my licence. I was 18 back then and now almost 28. So make it ten years, wow...

When you have been together for such a long time you begin to regard the pet you have as something more than a pet, an extended part of your family.

Today I cleaned out her cage, and renewed the substrate. Put in some nice dried Tilantsia and gave her a grashopper.

I was overwhelmed again with the affection I felt for this animal, who has Lived beside me for such a long time.
I took this opportunity to make some photo's of her, and pray that I might have many more years with her to come.

Take care now,

Joey

SpiderJoe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I was right!

I found some old papers and the receipt that I kept when I got here for free when I purchased 2 terrariums.
This coming June 20th I will have her 10 years!!!
She is probably somewhat older than that :) Awesome!

ph3nom

Arachnopeon
Its amazing the bond that can be built with these amazing creatures.
She is obviously mature by now, ever thought about getting her a boyfriend and having a go at breeding?

Boatman

Arachnosquire
Very nice! Thanks for sharing. I have a couple of youngins that I hope will still be around for years to come.

scorpionchaos

Arachnosquire
A bad picture of only little T, my B.vagans sling came to me as freebie from Taranrula Canada at 1/4 (honestly i was scared would inhale him when he arrived) but since in my has molted and eats regularly :biggrin:

I'll take more picks with my super macro soon

Sebastien

Arachnopeon
B vagans.jpg
nice i got the same at home to probably the same size and just started digging its burrow last night :biggrin::biggrin: !!!

bigt0006

Arachnosquire
Nice love mine. There so tiny. Mine doesnt burrow just walks around his vile and hides under the little bit of moss i have in there

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

scorpionchaos

Arachnosquire
more pics as promised!

congrats on the vagans! and yeah mine tunnels like he's getting paid lol he had four visible burrow entrances after the first 3 days and finished with a total of 4-5 before I changed his substrate a couple of days ago nows he's only at two :p