Genus Theraphosa

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
sp. ''burgundy''...
... or Theraphosa blondophysis :rolleyes:
acually niether, this was bred by gary aka(drachenjager or something like that) and john(reclusa) i thought "pink feet" must be apophisis or sp. burgandy too..but they both confirmed these were T. Blondi. they also said that some of the slings had pink feet and some did not. just for the record. so im going with T. blondi

pato_chacoana

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
and the parents were raised from slings? (if not, there's no way to know if they had the pink) and they didn't have pink tarsus/metatarsus? I imagine they documented and took pictures of the mixed spiders?

I don't think it's wise to call it just ''blondi'' (as if it was just like any other regular blondi), taking into consideration the whole burngundy-apophysis mess, until this is clear...

Only my thoughts, do whatever you like :rolleyes:

Take care,
Pato

DansDragons

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
until this is clear...
when exactly will this be clear? i have heard they were being "studied" for almost a year now..no results? hybrid? locale color form?

mine was also purchased from drachenjagers stock through another seller, as a T. blondi, but clearly it is the ever controversial sp. Burgundy. i have seen adults of this sp which look exactly like the true blondi...but i digress..

XEightLegsX

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
We just got our first Theraphosa sp. Burgundy Goliath Birdeater about a week ago. We know very little about this speicies of birdeater , seeing is how it is very new to the tarantula world. I have been told that it might be a natural hybrid of the blondi and a T.apophysis. Heres pictures of our burgundy. Does anyone know more about this T? :D

skippy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i'd say it's more likely a sub sp of blondi or an entirely new theraphosa altogether. i have 2 myself and just have them marked "therephosa sp"

DansDragons

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
looks great, i believe these are a varient of T. blondi..but we won't know for sure until a scientific study is completed.

pato_chacoana

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Theraphosa blondi

female #1 (1,5 months from molt)

female #2 (1,5 months from molt)

juvenile male (few days from molt)

Pato-

spiderfield

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Theraphosa sp. "Burgundy"

Female #1 WC (five days post-molt, with small scar below patella of right Leg IV)

Female #2 CH (feeding on adult female B. dubia)

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
WOW!!! im itching just looking at all that blister causing U hair!!!

sorta makes me want to not get one of these...wait...to late:eek:

nice philth, when are you going to breed some again?

Arachnopeon
OK, this is the 2nd time me confused. The T.Blondi molted from yellowish to black??? :?