Species Theraphosa blondi

JJJoshua

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Around a year maybe... I THINK I got her last summer, although I can't recall.

king7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
nice T :) blondi is one of my favorites :D

i like the pic where you can see the fangs {D

Pofecks

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
nice T JJJoshua, and its got some room to grow too. Is that pic taken on a table or something? Do you do anything special to get her/him to bow up?

JJJoshua

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I haven't had it sexed.

With this blondi all you gotta do is get too close and it gets pissed off. Stuff like opening the cage makes her angry...

Becky Wheeler

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
WOW That's a beautidul Blondi, I also have a Blondi, but it's only 2.5" big, I've had it since it was very little. I can't wait for mine to grow up! Does your Blondi hiss at you? or flick hairs?

JJJoshua

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hisses, flicks, gets pissed at anything and everything. Had it about a year.

I'm hoping it's not a male, but that's about all I can do hope...

arachnoguy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i think the whole pissy thing is just common in about every third or fourth blondi because i have had a few and about every third or fourth one has an attitude. about what size was it when you got it? again it is a very impressive animal.

on a side note:
would you possibly part with it if it is a male? i have a huge wild caught female that is just waiting to be bred and i am looking at getting another large female within the next few weeks.

Last edited:

JJJoshua

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think it was like 1" leg span when I got it. Can't really remember though. And yeah, if it turns out to be a male I would most likely send him out for some loving.

Last edited:

SlimJ87D

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Why do some blondis do this? Is it because they don't eat enough... It makes me so sad...