Species Theraphosa blondi

Deschain

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Crunchie said:
Has she actually made a sac for the eggs. Doesn't look promising from the picture there, looks like she hasn't put enough silk down. :(

Same thing that I thought, but I'll think positive, and hope it's not going to be an issue.

I hope everything works out Aftershock.

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Very nice pic. i can't wait for my male to mature so i can breed.

-Mattyb

Spider-man 2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What a rare sight! You don't see this too often. Congrats man and good luck with the eggsac! You pull it asap or leave it with her?

bistrobob85

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
WOW, now you've been lucky to get her on the fact!! My compliments for the quality of the pic and good luck with the sac!!

Greg Wolfe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Incredible photo! Lucky you! Now if my two girls would follow suite I would jump for joy! How long was her gestation?
This is the most crystal clear photo... :worship: :razz:

jdcarrel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
so how did the sac turn out? Did she lay enough webbing down?

Zorack

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
my b vagans did exactly the same thing, she dident put enough silk down, they all dried up and died

Greg Wolfe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
no wrapping...

I was assuming she was going to wrap those up in silk. Uh-oh...
:(

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
this is my now confirmed male blondi: Mortos der Soulstealer {D im going to mate him w/ mizM's when he's older, right terri? anyway, enjoy:

before...

...and after!

isnt he just too cute?! i love the little mask around his eyes, almost like a lil bandit! :D

John

Zorack

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
on the next molt, your blondi should go a dark blue(almost black) colour, very nice blondi

Nick_schembri

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Do they always turn blue black? because mine started out blue black/grey at 1.5/2" and now, 2 molts later, its a more reddish brown colour. I thought the adults end up a cinnamon colour.

PinkLady

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Congrats on the moult...he's a cutie...I just loveeeeee blondi's.

siucfi

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nick_schembri said:
Do they always turn blue black? because mine started out blue black/grey at 1.5/2" and now, 2 molts later, its a more reddish brown colour. I thought the adults end up a cinnamon colour.
My T.blondi just molted about two weeks ago to the 2.5in and she has turned a very dark blue/black color. Prior to this molt she was a very light brown color like the pics in this thread.

Greg Wolfe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Little Blondi...

Cute little Blondi! Keep up the TLC and feed him lots, you won't be disappointed in the near future! :D

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
siucfi said:
My T.blondi just molted about two weeks ago to the 2.5in and she has turned a very dark blue/black color. Prior to this molt she was a very light brown color like the pics in this thread.
mine is much larger than that, already pushing 3.5-4 in. but when it came out of the moult it was a bluish black. however, as the exoskeleton tans it becomes more of a deep burgundy brown color.

Fred

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice pics. Mine is the exact same size as yours, but female.