Species Theraphosa blondi

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Joe1968 said:
I rarely handle my Ts , one time I itch so bad woke me up in the middle of the night like 3am I had to take a shower just to rid of it, aargh!

Hey Joe, don't let that stop you from getting a blondi, when i bring mine down in june you'll fall in love with her. if you get one before that time, then just wear a long sleave shirt and wear a pair of rubber gloves when doing water changes and removing dead prey.

-Mattyb

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Here is a pic of my female blondi hanging around the water dish. enjoy.

-Mattyb

Attachments

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thanks, i recently put her in a 30gal. tank, she loves the room. I'll post more pics soon.

-Mattyb

jbrd

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
nice lookin T. blondi you have there, how big is she?
thats what i have our T.blondi in, but i am getti a 100 gallon tomorrow for her, maybe i will split in two and have 2 of them lol :D

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
jbrd said:
nice lookin T. blondi you have there, how big is she?
thats what i have our T.blondi in, but i am getti a 100 gallon tomorrow for her, maybe i will split in two and have 2 of them lol :D

Yeah, i saw that you had urs in a 30gal. and i happened to have one laying around so i figured what the heck and she seems to love all the room. She is between 7" and 8" its kinda hard to measure her, but maybe sometime in the near future i can get a more accurate measurement.

-Mattyb

stubby8th

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
PHUCK-O said:
Hi. How do you get a T Blondi or really any other T off you and back into their enclosure without aggravating it?
Hey Phuck-o,
I have no idea about a T Blondi, but any other T? . . . What do you mean?

arachnojunkie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
PHUCK-O said:
Hi. How do you get a T Blondi or really any other T off you and back into their enclosure without aggravating it?
Well since Ts aren't really keen on being held they are usually more than happy to just walk off your hand. IMO holding them is what pisses them off, not being put back. Some are just more tolerant than others. BTW xanadu1015, she/he looks WC to me(hence the rough exterior). Should be back to normal after a molt. Good luck with it.

Matt

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
Gosh!! :eek: Wow!

You have guts Laura! I think all in all your blondi is a beauty and I hope that the abdomen gets in better shape after the next moult! Then you'll have a real pearl on your hands :)

Deschain

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Cigarman said:
looks like it could use a nice fresh superworm. Kinda skinny bum on it. Im sure it will look kick a55 after its next molt. :p
Skinny bum? Sorry...but I just don't see it.

jbrd

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i agree she does have a skinny bum, and i would like to see someone pick up my T .blondi and that would put an end to people trying to pick up a T .blondi ever again lol

brachy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My baby blondi. She is in 3rd moulting stadium . She exuvied on monday. She is in 4rd moulting. On photo is small.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
aren't you afraid your spider could hurt itself on the plastic scraps by the air holes?

i've noticed they can be very sharp sometimes :(

brachy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi
These holes aren t sharp. I incense that whit fire. I controled that them.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
ha!
very good!
i can't really make jokes in other languages
but then again, i'm American, so i'm only supposed to speak one language =P