The OFFICIAL YouTube thread for tarantula care and husbandry channels

ETHER

Arachnopeon
We bring in everything from outside? I didn't get that memo...
I don't know about Germany of course, but here in the Netherlands it's a highly controversial subject. A few bring in stuff from the outside, but most long time keepers/breeders don't.
But that can also be because the Netherlands isn't rich in unspoiled forests, increasing the risk of bringing pesticides into enclosures
That would be nice, for that to be an option. Unfortunately, I trust none of anything in the city of denver here... Though our mountains I'm sure have some unspoiled spots, its just a habit to sanitize anything from the outside at this point. Only time I dont is when the specimen is wild caught, in which case they are released soon anyways :D

boina

Lady of the mites
We bring in everything from outside? I didn't get that memo...
I don't know about Germany of course, but here in the Netherlands it's a highly controversial subject. A few bring in stuff from the outside, but most long time keepers/breeders don't.
But that can also be because the Netherlands isn't rich in unspoiled forests, increasing the risk of bringing pesticides into enclosures
Sorry, I really shouldn't have said Europe, as the people I've talked to were from Germany and Poland and that's not Europe by any means, you are definitely right about that.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Sorry, I really shouldn't have said Europe, as the people I've talked to were from Germany and Poland and that's not Europe by any means, you are definitely right about that.
I wish we had as much unspoiled forest as Germany and Poland..

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
You should move to Norway. Only Iceland and Russia have a lower population density than us in Europe and 37% of the country is forest.
I have actually considered to do that you know. It would be too hard on the family that remained here though. ;)
They already had a fit when i moved back to Friesland while they remained in the south so Norway isn't really going to be possible :p

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
I have roughly 60 feeds I would like to upload, but since windows movie maker has been discontinued I can't find any other video making software that I can use.

athlete96

Arachnosquire
I saw the PM. I'm sorry I didn't know he was a thread troller. I see what Brian has done now, but it doesn't change my opinion of him. He has 1000s of animals, if anyone can keep every single one of those 1000s of animals 100% healthy all the time then they deserve a medal. In a large collection like his, things are bound to go wrong sometimes. It's our understanding of what happened and how we react to it that causes mountains to be made out of little molehills.
We all make mistakes and I forgive Brian for his; because we are all human, and no one is perfect.

I do think he should hire more employees to help, since no one can do it alone.
This brings up another point.. sure, he does breed a number of animals, but does that mean he should have 1000's of animals? This is my, and a lot of other people's, problem with mass breeders like this. It's quantity overcare.. I can't help but associate these mass breeders with puppy mills.

To each their own though. :cat:

SkittleBunny

Arachnosquire
Right!!! He is still somewhat of an idol for me, and even I take his mistakes into account.. Im only going to keep a few tarantulas at a time for my stock, so they are better quality animals. I work alone, so too many animals would run the risk of one or some of them not getting the care they need.

Less stock=Healthier stock, absolutely.
This brings up another point.. sure, he does breed a number of animals, but does that mean he should have 1000's of animals? This is my, and a lot of other people's, problem with mass breeders like this. It's quantity overcare.. I can't help but associate these mass breeders with puppy mills.

To each their own though. :cat:

Erin Smith

Arachnopeon
Has anyone watched Taylor Nicole Dean? If so, what are your thoughts?

I started watching her a while back and enjoyed her videos, but lately it just seems she's borderline hoarding.

athlete96

Arachnosquire
Has anyone watched Taylor Nicole Dean? If so, what are your thoughts?

I started watching her a while back and enjoyed her videos, but lately it just seems she's borderline hoarding.
I do find her funny, but I like the dry stupid sarcastic humour. She has been getting a lot of pets quickly and it does seem like it just for the views.

I want her snake collection though. And Cheese.

Erin Smith

Arachnopeon
I do find her funny, but I like the dry stupid sarcastic humour. She has been getting a lot of pets quickly and it does seem like it just for the views.

I want her snake collection though. And Cheese.
I love Cheese! I live not too far away from that Cowfish restaurant she went to in one video. I can’t not think of Cheese when I pass the statue in City Walk lol

SingaporeB

Arachnopeon
Except he's raised heaps of slings up to the juvie stage and even a few to sub adults/adults, you lose almost every one you buy. Also, I don't think you should appreciate the fact that somebody's pet has died when they're passionate about them
I have a juvie brachypelma boehmei I've raised from a tiny sling as well as a Grammostola pulchripes juvie raised from a tiny sling and a mature drumming Poecilotheria vittata male from a 2nd instar sling.

Does Dark Den have an email? I'm going to request some more death videos. In his last death video he said the deaths do not bother him.

jaycied

Arachnoknight
This thread has been a great read; I feel like I'd watched all of the decent taantula videos that there were haha. I also have a channel that I recently started back up, if anyone is interested haha. Annitya's Abnormal Animals. I'm saving up for a better camera setup as I've just been using my phone, and I'm also learning to edit videos.

I love watching The Dark Den, Tom Moran, Mark's Tarantula's, and Basin79's videos. Personality is a big factor in what makes a good channel.

basin79

ArachnoGod
This thread has been a great read; I feel like I'd watched all of the decent taantula videos that there were haha. I also have a channel that I recently started back up, if anyone is interested haha. Annitya's Abnormal Animals. I'm saving up for a better camera setup as I've just been using my phone, and I'm also learning to edit videos.

I love watching The Dark Den, Tom Moran, Mark's Tarantula's, and Basin79's videos. Personality is a big factor in what makes a good channel.
So glad you're uploading again. Your voice is magnificent.

StampFan

Arachnodemon

When I search for your channel on YouTube or Google I get nothing. Can you put up a link or send one to me please and thank you?