Tarantula toys!

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Malhavoc's said:
Perhaps they think its an egg sac?

I went down that thought train for a minute or two, considering pre-programmed responses, and whatnot.. but my parahybana is a male. So, you can either say bupkus to that idea, or wonder if a dead mother's eggsac, in good shape, would be nurtured by a non-mature male?

Bill

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Then perhaps they think its na egg sac still-an abandoned egg sac is protien for a hungry t.. least thats how it works in the true spider worl I comenly feed black widow egg sacs that I dont have room for to toher black widows/jumping spiders/wolf spiders. Especialy for slings its the best food supply for those tiny basterds that I can find [other then each other]

Topcat1

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm gonna try that too, I'm just wondering what my H. Lividum would do with it.:?

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Don't think they mistake it with a real eggsac. Their go by taste and feel, and plastic won't fool them!!

I'll register my LP for some Pilates training as well :)

Amanda

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I've always put large wooden beads in my T enclosures. My smiithi is the most active with those. I've never actually seen her push one, but they definitely move around the kk.

-_Psalmopoeus_-

Arachnopeon
From my point of view, putting a ping-pong ball in a T's cage would have to be for your entertainment- not theirs.

They don't have fun, or ponder anything short of a necessity. Perhaps its just obeying its instincts to move objects around to 'tidy up'. T's do that with everything- including dirt, poop, and leftovers.
Just my 2 cents...

NixHexDude

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've always heard a still T is a happy T...but who knows. It's hard to say what kind of physiological responses something like that would cause. They don't have a muscular structure like vertebrates do, so it'd be hard to say they benefit from the exercise. I'd probably tend to agree with the position that this could be a source of unneccessary stress for the animal. Then again it's hard to say anything without observing the behavior firsthand.

elyanalyous

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hey my rosie still has her ping pong ball, and still chases it and she is still very calm...cepts when there is food in the tank

btw even tho this is elyanalyous, bonny was my other name (until i got it shut down because i forgot the password)

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
my smithi loves dumping his water dish and moving it all over the cage.its kinda funny

mr_jacob7

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You guys keep mentioning the ping pong ball. we need more ideas... one of those big electrode ball-things... an action figure... thumb tax... ( {D )

PS: for anybody else reading this, i know it's a year old, but whatever...

mr_jacob7

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
maybe the thumb tacks are bad, but those were a joke. cdon't try that..

johnniecoltrane

Arachnopeon
I actually bought a small hamster ball for my big Rosehair, Twiggy.
She loves it, and rolls all around the house for hours.
Of course I kick the cat out when it's Twiggys time to play.

- Amber

Sevenrats

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Do you think It'd work with emperor scorpions?
Scorpions are mindless robots.

The scorpion spys' something, "Is it food?" Eat it.

"Am I food?" Hide from it.

"Is it a girl scorpion?" Hey baby, nice pair of pinchers you got there!

Zman16

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I actually bought a small hamster ball for my big Rosehair, Twiggy.
She loves it, and rolls all around the house for hours.
Of course I kick the cat out when it's Twiggys time to play.

- Amber

They can actually roll around in the ball? :?

Scorpions are mindless robots.

The scorpion spys' something, "Is it food?" Eat it.

"Am I food?" Hide from it.

"Is it a girl scorpion?" Hey baby, nice pair of pinchers you got there!
I don't know about that. I think scorpions are smarter than T's

Cerbera

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I am astonished at how many people on this thread have said 'Oh I must try that with mine'...