Split enclosure failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

G. pulchra

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
@cold blood & @EulersK @Andrea82
Just for clarification, the reason I placed the OP on ignore wasn't that he didn't listen to advice it was the insult he directed at Andrea. I personally have no tolerance for that. I'm not sure his apology was directed to Andrea or if he was sorry because he got flagged.

Damn I hate drama.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
@cold blood & @EulersK @Andrea82
Just for clarification, the reason I placed the OP on ignore wasn't that he didn't listen to advice it was the insult he directed at Andrea. I personally have no tolerance for that. I'm not sure his apology was directed to Andrea or if he was sorry because he got flagged.

Damn I hate drama.
I don't think you need to justify or defend your choice to ignore someone. I only saw 'way to be a B' in a quote, but I can imagine there was more, or more implied than that. I can imagine having a low threshold for swearing, I hate that as well.
No justification needed imo ;)

Aaronsp10

ARACHNERD
thats actually all i said andrea "B" and a short rant about being polite which now that i think about it is completely ridiculous to call a name then demand politeness..

clive 82

Arachnoknight
So what does a good bf do when he messes up?
Good luck with that!
Also please make sure that you use a decent substrate, coco fibre, organic top soil or the like & use plenty of it, Those paper towels cant be good for your T.
Don't want your existing T climbing the glass, falling, rupturing its abdomen & you loosing a second T.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
thats actually all i said andrea "B" and a short rant about being polite which now that i think about it is completely ridiculous to call a name then demand politeness..
That is a bit....contradicting and double standard and all that, yes.
Done and done ;). You'll probably get a lot of posts on this thread of people reading it for the first time today and tomorrow. Like Thistles said 'duck and cover', and be prepared. ;)

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Completely agree Chris. If I didn't have a near overwhelming urge to kill human males, have pets I won't leave and had the money I'd definitely come and buy you a few ales.
You are one of the few Brits I love for which I would delete the old good "Dio stramaledica gli Inglesi" Mario Appelius Italian WW2 motto.
Joooking my man, much respect for you and old good Britannia, which we Romans of once lived :kiss:

Hadrian's Wall! :-s

Aaronsp10

ARACHNERD
its okay whats important is ive learned a lesson, and have recieved more advice... now im going to take the time and look up the species you mentioned in your pm andrea. thank you again, and most importantly im sorry for earlier

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Or buy one of jamies adult terrestrial enclosures... as i just did :) no more half steps for me
Heads up on those. They're very pretty and work great... but the acrylic bows over time if there's a lot of weight in it. Luckily, you've got a fairly big spider there, so you don't need to fill the thing with substrate. I'd suggest using light substrate like cocofiber instead of something heavier like topsoil. Don't overly tamp the cocofiber, as that will put stress on the acrylic. I learned this the hard way. I put a A. seemanni in one (a burrowing spider), and within a week I couldn't even close the lid.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
its okay whats important is ive learned a lesson, and have recieved more advice... now im going to take the time and look up the species you mentioned in your pm andrea. thank you again, and most importantly im sorry for earlier
You won't be dissapointed with those genera. And if you are, well, there are like 400+ more NW species, so I can keep PM-ing you for a looooong time :).
But seriously, try the Psalmopoeus or Ephebopus...they're considered 'bridge-to-OW for good reason ;).
I hate the maker of this video for baiting this beauty, but it is an example how fierce they can be:

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Heads up on those. They're very pretty and work great... but the acrylic bows over time if there's a lot of weight in it. Luckily, you've got a fairly big spider there, so you don't need to fill the thing with substrate. I'd suggest using light substrate like cocofiber instead of something heavier like topsoil. Don't overly tamp the cocofiber, as that will put stress on the acrylic. I learned this the hard way. I put a A. seemanni in one (a burrowing spider), and within a week I couldn't even close the lid.
Wow, that is a major drawback, considering those enclosures aren't cheap...

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
You are one of the few Brits I love for which I would delete the old good "Dio stramaledica gli Inglesi" Mario Appelius Italian WW2 motto.
Joooking my man, much respect for you and old good Britannia, which we Romans of once lived :kiss:

Hadrian's Wall! :-s
If I remember correctly, Brittania kicked those Romans out...'Bouddicea' and all that...

Status
Not open for further replies.