Split enclosure failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Yes she had a small blood spot on her head just behind her eyes.. its not bleeding but she keeps rubbing her leg on it
If she got bit on the carapace, she will almost certainly die. Are you sure that it's a bite, though? It look more like goop from the male (although I can't imagine how she could have gotten any on her). Any way you could get a better picture, much closer?

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Wow way to be a B
And I officially don't care anymore.

By the sounds of it, your female got beaten up pretty badly. So, in your arrogance and decision to ignore the advice from keepers with decades of experience, you lost a MM and will possibly lose a female that may be older than you are. In short, yeah, people are allowed to be upset. When deaths happen due to not only negligence but also blatant dismissal of solid advice, you can't expect much different.

Aaronsp10

ARACHNERD
Listen maybe i shouldnt have posted at all... it was negligence and preventable...
Im sorry if i offended anyone. I enjoy this forum and dont want to be an outcast

Last edited:

basin79

ArachnoGod
Wow way to be a B... i came here for help and becauase im new to all this... how about you be freaking kind to a new member for gods sake.. thank you to everyone that has taken time to help me and answer my questions either here or in pm...
By your own admission you came here as a new owner. Asked for advice then promptly ignored it.

With that you've lost all your "but I'm a new keeper" credentials.

GingerC

Arachnosquire
Don't get me wrong, some massive mistakes were definitely made here, but responding in anger is just going to create more anger. It's not very helpful.

(Probably going to get an angered response where someone puts extra words in my mouth, but ok)

GreyPsyche

Arachnosquire
Let's all calm down.

He made a massive mistake but he admitted his fault...

I can't say much as I'm new to the hobby as well but I can say that if I were you I'd just drop it and leave it in the past, you seem like you've learned your lesson but there is so much more to learn. I would go get another beginner T and start completely over and take more precautions this time. Also I'd leave your current one alone for a while as she's possibly gravid, if she produces as sac, put it in the freezer as someone said. Good luck in the future of the hobby, man, sorry it had to be such a rough learning experience, don't let this or anyone scare you away from something you enjoy though. Good luck, man!

Susan Crushbone

Arachnopeon
Listen maybe i shouldnt have posted at all... it was negligence and preventable...
I'm new to the hobby and find these boards invaluable. Some of the most experienced keepers here don't mince their words, but I wouldn't take it personally. We are pretty lucky to have a community like this. :) Good luck with your girl.

Aaronsp10

ARACHNERD
Whilst this conversation was taking place she decided to go back to work on the make again.. should i attempt to take hin from her or just let her finish?

Status
Not open for further replies.