Split enclosure failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Going to sound cold, but at least you lost a MM and not something more valuable or long lived. I read a thread awhile back of someone losing a MF G. pulchra the same way. Now that would be a punch to the gut. Hopefully that female is alright, but again... dime a dozen. You don't even know the species. All in all, it was an easy lesson to learn for you.

Side note. Since you don't know what species your girl is, if she ends up producing a sac, please put it in the freezer. Or throw it away. What you did only affected you and your spiders, but sending out all of those slings that are possibly hybrids affects us all.
Agreed although I don't think how valuable in monetary terms it matters.

It is however a better turn out that a MM male got munched. Hopefully the female makes it.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Buy an identical T and pretend it never happened ;) ;)
Seriously? Op?

Why not buy the RIGHT enclosures this time while you're at it?

I didn't realize you were the one posting the other thread. I really hope you are more, way more careful with the two OW you apparently have as well.
I read that thread just now...i was like this the entire time :banghead::banghead::banghead:.
Why why why didn't you listen??

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Both were rose hairs from the local pet store
i kept my gf's male n female ( suspect) G.rosea in a split enclosure
You're the one that said the word suspect, I wasn't just assuming. "Rose hair" is a common name, and sorry, but you're proving my point. Which one of these is a "Rose hair"?

IMG_1810.JPG ----- IMG_0304.JPG ----- IMG_20140124_234408_732.jpg ----- IMG_20140209_221045_597.jpg

Correct answer: All of them. But in that list, we've got G. porteri, G. rosea, and a G. sp. "Concepcion". The G. rosea and G. porteri were both sold as a "Rose hair" at a pet store.

Throw away the sac.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Think this will make up for it?
Aaronsp10... no offence my man, please don't take my words bad, now. Don't buy that Theraphosidae. You need to gain a little experience with 'basics' (which aren't too difficult to learn but essentials) before, trust me, kinda brother sort of advice.

We are here for help, no shame in errors, no one is perfect, no one is the God of T's keeping but do not fall for impulsive buy. Things could be hard, then, to follow and 'fix'.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I..i..just don't....
Are you flippin' serious? Or did you just decide that today is a good day to troll Arachnoboard members?

For heavens sake return the lividum.

Edit:
You did troll. Funny. I was laughing. Not.

Unwatching thread. Go figure things out, including if your female will live or not, by yourself.

Aaronsp10

ARACHNERD
Im an excited new member to the hobby.. obviously i have made mistakes and probably will continue to make some, but i have no intention of repeating the same. I am not however trolling arachnoboards

Aaronsp10

ARACHNERD
Yes she had a small blood spot on her head just behind her eyes.. its not bleeding but she keeps rubbing her leg on it

Status
Not open for further replies.