( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
0.1 P. irminia 4" ventral

And her spermathecae

Scoolman

Arachnolord
Old Timer
G pulchra 5" male

Same pic different lighting. This is a confirmed male.
009 molt 7-26-10.jpg

009 molt2 7-26-10.jpg

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
P. lugardi ventral:

Spermathecae:

eccentriceivar

Arachnopeon
my albo

my brachypelma albopilosum

this is my first post, my first tarantula, please help me sex my tarantula

thanks in advance to those who will reply!

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens

Female ventral:

Spermathecae and uterus externus:

Spermathecae, with uterus externus pulled back:

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
yes i know.. im just asking anyone's opinion with it's ventral view, i sexd it female but not sure tho.. but maybe, just maybe someone who is more experienced can sex it.. it would really help alot :)

---------- Post added at 02:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 AM ----------

do fusilae appear in an exuvum? or only spermathecae can appear there? that would mean that the "tiny flap-like bulge" that i saw in the exuvum, can't be anything other than the spermathecae? pls confirm.. ty!
With a spider so small, I don't think anyone could be 100% sure. It still has a lot of growing up/developing to do. While it looks female now (to me too, for what it's worth), that can change in a couple of molts down the road.

This thread isn't really for sexing unknowns anyway, it's for posting confirmed ventral and/or molts for people to compare to. The section you're looking for is right here.

Fusillae can appear on an exuvium, but would be very, very difficult to spot (if present) on a molt of a spider so small. For larger spiders, it would be much easier looking at the spider itself, since it would be much easier seeing the natural shape of things that may be distorted on a molt.
The fusillae and spermathecae will also be on different parts of the exuvium. The fusillae will be on the epyginal plate (outer surface of the molt), the spermathecae will be between the first pair of book lungs (inner surface of the molt). Note that on spiders that small, the spermathecae will most likely be next to microscopic.

The flap you saw could have been the spermathecae, uterus externus (either or both would indicate female, of course) or just a fold in the exuvium.

Anyway,
Here's an updated and a new spermathecae shot:

Female X. immanis

Female B. smithi

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
Male P. metallica

Female P. metallica

EDIT 9/2/2012: The "male" has since molted as a confirmed-with-spermathecae-no-foolin' FEMALE

Last edited: