smart ass answers to dumb questions...

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
It seems that everytime someone finds out I own T's, I always get the same question. After eewww I get " why !? "

I usually answer that dumb question with either : " 'cause dragons don't exist " or " my flying monkey project failed "

How about you ? : Insert smart ass answer here ______________________

dukegarda

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
"Cause you said no." (Gotta make sure it's a chick.) HAHA

Dragons don't exist... awesome, I'm so using that one.

Darwinsdad

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
We like the one, "Why do you keep fish?"
Lets face it you drop them into a tank full of water and they swim while you feed them until they die.

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It seems that everytime someone finds out I own T's, I always get the same question. After eewww I get " why !? "

I usually answer that dumb question with either : " 'cause dragons don't exist " or " my flying monkey project failed "

How about you ? : Insert smart ass answer here ______________________
i just say <Edit> and then I walk away.

i'm just kidding, don't send me a warning

Last edited by a moderator:

ahas

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I' d just say why not <Edit>.

My brother' s friends came over to my house one time and saw one of my snakes and she went "What happened to the traditional pets like dogs?" I just didn' t say anything. <Edit> normal people sucks.

Okitasoshi

Arachnosquire
Old Timer

My brother' s friends came over to my house one time and saw one of my snakes and she went "What happened to the traditional pets like dogs?" I just didn' t say anything. <Edit> normal people sucks.
I woulda said "What happened to your face?"

chilean

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
because "my boyfriend is allergic to everything that has fur - EVERYTHING"

B.L.

Arachnopeon
Nobody has ever in my life said why own a T? I guess they figure a T. is the least of my problems. I kind of like being thought of as a abnormal freak so it wouldn't offend me if they asked.

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I made many

-I have no room in my tub for a gator
-Nor do i have room in my pool for a great withe
-I am a touring artist, so having animals that can fast for weeks is cool.
-I like seeing them hunt/molt/dig/shine
-Not all of them are brown, dull and ugly
-No noise
-No smell
-They don't need to socialize or exercise and won't go depress every time you leave
-They scare mothers in law out of your house

Varden

Arachnodemon
Old Timer

Instead of being overly defensive, why not just treat it like a serious question. Educate them instead of belittling them. In other words, be something even mildly approaching a courteous human being.

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Instead of being overly defensive, why not just treat it like a serious question. Educate them instead of belittling them. In other words, be something even mildly approaching a courteous human being.
I agree to a point. It's not really a serious question IMO. Making a joke is one thing. Insulting people is another. I find that if I can make people laugh, they listen better. Insulting people accomplishes nothing...

I should have made the thread " funny answers to stupid questions ". :eek:

BlkCat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The frustrating part is that EVERYONE asks that same question. It is hard to not get irritated with it. Its like whenever anyone sees my tats or piercing i get, "Did that hurt?" I swear if i have a nickel for everytime I heard that i would be rich.
Most of the time ppl dont care what you answer to the "why" question. They almost never listen. i have noticed they ask in a rude smart ass way about 90% of the time.

Shadow Tongue

Arachnopeon

I laughed out loud at ahas' vicious refusal to accommodate to others. I think Varden makes a solid point, except that an individual phrasing their criticism of a tarantula as cynically as ahas described will probably listen to nothing you tell him or her.

AubZ

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here's my few -

- Why Not?
- Cuz I love em (to my family who aren't sarcastic)
- Cuz they don't crap all over the house and eat my slippers
- One of the easiest pets to care for
- Cuz I can

If they really wanna be sarcastic and you don't like em, tell them your Rosie is one of the deadliest spiders alive, then take her out of the enclosure. Mwhaha.

B4 I get flamed, I do agree with ppl eductating others about the hobby, but when you have someone you don't like (brother-in-law) who thinks they know EVERYTHING and will stop at nothing to belittle you, then pull out all the stops. Everyone else can get the benefit of a truthful answer.

Shadow Tongue

Arachnopeon
B4 I get flamed, I do agree with ppl eductating others about the hobby, but when you have someone you don't like (brother-in-law) who thinks they know EVERYTHING and will stop at nothing to belittle you, then pull out all the stops. Everyone else can get the benefit of a truthful answer.
The problem is that refusing to educate stubborn spider-haters allows their biased opinions to spread to "everyone else" that can be educated more easily. IMO, it's best to educate them, and if that fails, ignore them.

AubZ

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Trust me, you don't know my brother-in-law. He knows Everything about everything. And he always has something better than you or knows someone that has something better than you. Ignoring is the best option, but there's only so much a person can take.

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
I've also been asked the same thing quite a few times. Often I've smiled and looked in the eyes of the person asking and responded: "But I don't keep flowers! ;) ". Often earned me a smile and some understanding. If the person persisted after that I would just go about naming some of the similarities between flowers and T's,
- getting watered
- don't move much
- look great (well, flowers don't but some people seem to think so ;) )
- But I can feed my T's insects, insects feed on flowers.

;)

peterspiderling

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
well i get a list, 1st its ewwwwww, then "why" and i say "cos there interesting and keep me busy" then they say "how meny you got" i say "lots" they say "do you keep them in the same tank" i say "no, cos they will eat each other" then i get "what do you feed them" i say "little children" they say "how much do they cost" i say "depends on what it is and size" they say "cool, i couldnt keep a big black spider tho" then i say "there not all black" they say "have you had the vonom taken out" i say "no" they say "that could kill you, you know that" i say "no, some are no worse than a bee sting, and theres never been a death my a tarantula bite" then they say "do you hold them" i say "no, your not suposed to hold them" they say "ahh right, i'd love to see them, hint hint" then i say "i got to be off now, bye!"

thats it, over and over again.:D

peterspiderling

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Trust me, you don't know my brother-in-law. He knows Everything about everything. And he always has something better than you or knows someone that has something better than you. Ignoring is the best option, but there's only so much a person can take.
AH! i know what you mean, my bros mate was over and he knew a little bit but he pretended to know everything i was saying! and then set about arguing with me! that tarantulas dont preduce venom untill they are meture, and that males live just as long as females. i was spun out to hell!!!!!!!!!!!!:wall: