Skippy´s millipedes

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
I had the opportunity to see Epibolus pulchripes in the wild, and now I really want to keep some. Unfortunately. they appear to be non-existent in the US hobby. I am looking into the permits for importing this and other species though, but it looks like this species may need a specialized containment facility.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

skippy666

Arachnopeon
Ommatoiulus rufilans seems to be easy to keep, since September when I bought them none of them died. Simultaneously I have not bred them yet, so my experiences are very sparse. It is indeed pretty smaller species.

Epibolus pulchripes were the first (or one of the first) millipedes I ever bred. It is hardy species, but I am not sure how WC animals behave. This is old CB line which is easy to keep. I hope you will get some in US once, not many is necessary, I think 10-20 CB pairs should be great start in well experienced hands to establish USCB line.

Here is some recent breeding of Rhopalomeris cf. cranifex and Rhopalomeris sp.
I currently keep 3 different Rhopalomeris, all of them has fresh offspring.

basement pets

Arachnosquire
WOW!!!! This is for sure the coolest millipede collection I have seen! This collection makes me want to get some more pedes for sure! so far I have only have ivory millipedes but I got to get some more. Also, great photos!

skippy666

Arachnopeon
Merry Christmas to everybody :) here are some millipedes for you...

Red Spotted Flat milllipede - well, I am still not sure even by the genus of these ones, which comes from Nigeria, anybody knows?

Similar situation with this one, resembles Coromus sp. ... origin in Cameroon (some sellers even say Malaysia lol...) , it is large and completely black, really impressive one!

one more ...

And this one, origin for sure in South-east Asia ... Glyphiulus sp. ? Trachyjulus sp. ?

The Odd Pet

Arachnoknight
You have a very amazing collection. I'm just so happy my Trigoniulus macropygus "Flame leg millipedes" had babies and they are big enough now that they crawling around on the surface of the substrate.

Last edited:

Nicholas Rothstein

Arachnoknight
Merry Christmas to everybody :) here are some millipedes for you...

Red Spotted Flat milllipede - well, I am still not sure even by the genus of these ones, which comes from Nigeria, anybody knows?

Similar situation with this one, resembles Coromus sp. ... origin in Cameroon (some sellers even say Malaysia lol...) , it is large and completely black, really impressive one!

one more ...

And this one, origin for sure in South-east Asia ... Glyphiulus sp. ? Trachyjulus sp. ?
That red spotted one reminds me of something I've seen in Hawaii. Helicorthomorpha holstii looks like the reverse coloration of what you've got.

ThemantismanofPA

Arachnoknight
I have no amount of words that can express my jealousy of your collection. You are one of the coolest milli keepers on here

Madnesssr

Arachnoknight
Your collection is beyond my wildest dream. You have those of us here in the US drooling. I can only hope to have 1/16 of your collection some day given that so few are in the hobby here.

skippy666

Arachnopeon
It has been longer time I have not added anything ... so here comes some updates :)
By the way ... thanks to you all for kind words! :geek:

Benoitolus siamensis breeding :) it is actually very nice small millipede

... and this is how Benoitolus siamensis with its offspring glow under UV light

Desmoxytes planata and springtails feed on Myxomycetes

Centrobolus sp. Mozambik and its habitus typicus :D penetrating the rotten wood overgrown by mycelia

New in collection Paectophyllum escherichii from Turkey

MillipedeTrain

Arachnosquire
Oh wow your collection is just absolutely breath-taking! You have quite a few species I’ve been planning on getting one day...one day. I especially love the Dragon millipedes and the Spirostreptus servatius! I just had some T.Dollfusi babies hatch (posted pics and a forum topic on it, maybe you can help confirm for me?) ...at least I’m pretty sure they are T.dollfusi...A few other of my species have laid eggs and hatched too and I am very excited for them all to hatch and watch them grow because this is proof my hard work making a proper nutritious substrate with lots of decaying wood and leaves and moss paid off!

I would love to have collection as large as yours one day. It’s absolutely stunning you’ve done a wonderful job!

skippy666

Arachnopeon
Oh wow your collection is just absolutely breath-taking! You have quite a few species I’ve been planning on getting one day...one day. I especially love the Dragon millipedes and the Spirostreptus servatius! I just had some T.Dollfusi babies hatch (posted pics and a forum topic on it, maybe you can help confirm for me?) ...at least I’m pretty sure they are T.dollfusi...A few other of my species have laid eggs and hatched too and I am very excited for them all to hatch and watch them grow because this is proof my hard work making a proper nutritious substrate with lots of decaying wood and leaves and moss paid off!

I would love to have collection as large as yours one day. It’s absolutely stunning you’ve done a wonderful job!
Yes it looks like dolfusi offspring, but better to wait some more instars to come to confirm it
You mentioned Spirostreptus servatius - I think it is one of the prettiest species in hobby ... and yesterday I was just counting the juveniles of my recent breeding = more than 500!
There are also hundreds of eggs which I separated left for incubation. I am really proud of this.

MillipedeTrain

Arachnosquire
Yes it looks like dolfusi offspring, but better to wait some more instars to come to confirm it
You mentioned Spirostreptus servatius - I think it is one of the prettiest species in hobby ... and yesterday I was just counting the juveniles of my recent breeding = more than 500!
There are also hundreds of eggs which I separated left for incubation. I am really proud of this.

Oooooo thank you for your opinion! I am so Excited! I love T.Dollfusi so much. Can’t wait till they grow more! Yay! It makes me so happy that they are gonna live on despite their fact that I only got one happy healthy female lol. The new generation should grow up to be stronger than the last! At least she mated before the others perished. (I had 4, but the other 3 died quite quickly after I got them. It happens sometimes they just don’t adapt well to change. The next few generations are always stronger than the first I find.)

As for the Spiro. Servatius I’ve always admired them. I’ve always felt that they look like a lit incense coil burning. They’re so unique looking. How big do they get? I really love the big species and will be getting them regardless if they’re very big or not although I keep a few smaller species as well which are my bumblebees and my T.Dollfusi. Although the Dollfusi aren’t that small. I love how their names have “Doll” in it, because
they’re like pretty little dolls haha. 🤣
Congrats on all your beautiful captive bred younglings! I fully intend to breed mine as well!

skippy666

Arachnopeon
So,
I have found another "hypomelanistic" specimen of Centrobolus sp. Mozambik - this time a female. Unfortunately the previous one (male) died already, but I have created 12 separated pairs of its offspring labeled as "het hypomelanistic". I have picked up one "het" male and put it together with this female, so I hope I raised the chances of gene transfer. To be honest, I am not sure if this method will work in millipedes, but it is very interesting even from scientific point of view.

Its ocelli

drie

Arachnopeon
Hey, fingers crossed for your breeding experiment!
It's a while now you gave me four milipedes - Centrobolus sp. and Centrobolus sp. Mozambics. It turned out that the Centrobolus sp. are both males and Mozambics both females. Is there any possibility that they will eventualy mate? received_512264983021990.jpeg

skippy666

Arachnopeon
So, here I present the breeding of Coromus sp. Black (hobby name I recommend for them). I have no information about the success of any other millipede breeders, so perhaps it is one of the first breeding of this kind. It is very impressive black species :happy:

Its egg chamber seen from the bottom of the breeding box

and very young specimen - actually there are tens of those and many eggs are on the way to pop out

... and also the new generation of Anadenobolus monillicornis is there :hungry:

one of the first instars of its juveniles