Skippy´s millipedes

skippy666

Arachnopeon
Hello friends :) long time to see you!
I hope everybody in this forum is okay and your millipedes are doing fine too.
Here are some recent photos from my breeding room.
Thanks for comments to Narceus sp. I will consider that.
Enjoy!

Centrobolus sp. Mozambik "hypomelanistic" ... it seems like all juveniles are 100% hypo, so pure breeding line has been achieved

Coxobolellus sp. breeding - really like this species, smaller with nice white collum

Chicobolus spinigerus breeding (+ some P.digitata)

Narceus sp. breeding

Centrobolus fulgidus

Centrobolus richardii

Centrobolus cf. rugulosus (this is crazy one!)

Unidentified species from South Africa

Unidentified species from South Africa 2

Unidentified species "zebra orange"

Unidentified species from South Africa 3

Species labelled as "Tonkinbous sp. red" breeding, correct taxon will be given later ...

Species labelled as "Tonkinbolus sp. Thailand" correct taxon will be given later ...

TwoJays

Arachnopeon
Me, when I see Skippy updated
👀👀👀👀👀👀👀
Everytime I look at this thread (which is a lot actually)
I can feel the USDA frowning over my shoulder. 😆😆
So many gorgeous, forbidden millis.

Yes officer, I *DO NEED* 5 "Unidentified species from South Africa"
And 5 "Unidentified species "zebra orange""
Thank you for your understanding. / Jk jk jk

skippy666

Arachnopeon
Hello everybody :) I wish you the best to upcoming year 2022!
Long time to put here some updates. I am reducing my species list a little bit due the lack of time. Anyway, I will keep the most of species as long as possible.

Coxobolellus cf. albiceps - it is really nice and easy to breed species. Hopefully a captive population will grow up enough, so it will not need to be imported again.

Unknown species of Rhinocricus sp., easy to keep and breed

Successful captive breeding of unknown species labeled as RSA1 by thepetfactory.de

Centrobolus cf. rugulosus, possibly one of the world first captive breeding ever. Unfortunately, there is just a few babies and lack of males in my colony give me almost zero opportunities for better captive population establishment. Another import is thus needed :S

The Odd Pet

Arachnoknight
Hello to all friends of millipedes!

I am new here and I would like to show you some photos of my myriapods. I have been keeping them for about 8 years now and currently I keep more than 30 species, located in Europe. If you have any questions do not bother to ask me.

Anadenobolus monilicornis - one of my favourite, smaller one, but with stunning colors!

Anadenobolus monilicornis - juveniles, this species breeds very well in captivity

Trigoniulus corallinus - another smaller species, which breeds very well in captivity. I sometimes hate them, because those are masters of escaping from breeding box! On picture adult with juveniles.

Chicobolus spinigerus, medium sized millipede with very nice colors. When you put branches in terrarium, they nicely walk on it during the night.

Chicobolus spinigerus - and of course, it also breeds quite well in captivity

Spirostreptus servatius - for me one of the most outstanding species in hobby. They are large, long legged ones with astonishing color of front body! The most specimens in hobby are, unfortunately, wild caught.

Spirostreptus servatius - ... but there is always a hope for estamblishing it in captive bred lines, so here is one of its developing eggs. The most probably there are already juveniles in my breeding enclosure, but I will investigate it later.

Epiperiparus barbadensis - oh no, this is not a myriapod, but velvet worm! (Onychophora) ... captive bred! ... adult specimen on photo, my group now considering of about 13 specimens will hopefully breed soon. Hope to make these creatures more easy to get in captive bred lines!

Polyzonium germanicum, strange member of the family Polyzoniida, small and secretly living creature, some captive bred results were done already in my enclosures, but it is difficult with them.

Spirostreptus gregorius - one of the more common ones, relatively easy to keep and breed, lovely looking yellowish species, adult with juvenile on photo

Aphistogoniolus polleni - very often species being imported from Madagascar. This year I visited Madagascar and the only I want to say is ... that nature is in real danger :( so effort for breed this species in quantity instead of import it from wild is very important!

Coromus diaphorus - one of my favourite! Once I bought about 12 adult wild caught animals and I thought It will be very difficult to breed ... but I was wrong, this species is for me one of the most easy. It has around 1-year breeding cycle and currently I see another egg chambers approaching my CB line to F3!

Coromus diaphorus egg chamber with one of the first hatchling

Coromus diaphorus - baby booom!

Coromus diaphorus - adult with juveniles

Coromus diaphorus - molting chamber , be careful with observing the soil in your breeding boxes, you can destroy those funny soil balls and hurt the molting specimens!

Coromus diaphorus are similar to keep as the other Coromus species. Now I do not have C.vittatus in my collection, but I hope to add it again soon or later. On picture I was counting the juveniles.

Melaphe cypria - one of the most pretty polydesmids I have ever seen, relativelly large millipede endemic to island Cyprus. Unfortunatelly I was not able to breed it yet.

Spirostreptus spec. 1 - one of the most often bred millipedes around and a great choice for all beginners in this fascinating hobby.

Glomeris pustulata - if you want to try to keep and breed any of the Glomeridae family, this species is the great option to start. It is relatively easy, just keep the leaves humid and micro-biologically active. It breeds about 1-2 times a year and it takes around half of a year to reach an adult.

Spirostreptus spec. 8

Salpidobolus spec. Irian Jaya - very underrated species in captivity, very nice one in real!

Telodeinopus assiniensis

Nyssodesmus python - a present from a friend, very impressive species native to Costa Rica

Narceus gordanus "Ocal gold" - relatively new in my collection, secretively living deep in the substrate

Orthomorpha sp. Ao Nang, very nice looking medium sized flat millipede, easy to keep and breed, this is actually my forth captive bred generation

Orthomorpha spec. Ao Nang - fresh juveniles eating rotten leaves

Are you selling any? I am in need of a male Spirostreptus serviatus and I'm getting desperate.

DustyD

Arachnoknight
Are you selling any? I am in need of a male Spirostreptus serviatus and I'm getting desperate.
You may have to wait a bit to get a response if at all. Skippy666 has not officially been on these boards since March 2022. He may be lurking or perhaps someone who knows him may be able to contact him.