Sick people...

Transylvania

Gondorian
Old Timer
Ah well it's not an issue anymore, my T died recently for reasons unknown. Post-molt. Gonna look into getting another... :(

ctsoth

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
If one of my bros left a coon out in the sun to die I would kick the *** out of him.................... I am a hunter, but that is sick. I do not think that, that falls into normal teenage behavior. He needs help.

Dilbrain

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ah well it's not an issue anymore, my T died recently for reasons unknown. Post-molt. Gonna look into getting another... :(
Sorry to hear that, reasons unknown wouldn't involve an 18 year old scum bag at all?
:(

nomadofthehills

Arachnopeon
Thats not normal. Maybe shooting squirrels and birds is normal (hunting), but I've never done that. I know adults who pour salt on slugs, but I wouldn't do that either. Your brother is not normal.

Then again I come from the suburbs, so what do I know.

bushbuster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Eh, just an ignorant evil teenage boy kind of behavior. Pouring salt on slugs, shooting squirrels and birds, capturing baby racoons in cages and leaving them out in the sun to dehydrate and die, pulling the skin off caterpillars, etc. And worse of all, my parents don't even care; they either laugh or act repulsed. Saying he makes me sick is an understatement.
This guy just ain't right. Sounds like a Jeff Dahmer type personality to me, he started his career like that. Oh well, broom stick justice will eventually prevail, be it the milder divorce type as Dillbrain suggests, or worse.

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thats not normal. Maybe shooting squirrels and birds is normal (hunting), but I've never done that. I know adults who pour salt on slugs, but I wouldn't do that either. Your brother is not normal.

Then again I come from the suburbs, so what do I know.
I come from the country in the Deep South, and even *I* know that isn't normal behavior, especially not for an 18-year-old who should be at least attempting to act like an adult now. Hunting is one thing, but deliberately torturing animals just to get pleasure from their suffering is a sign of serious and potentially dangerous mental illness. This is Jeffrey Dahmer stuff here. While your late tarantula might not have been considered an "animal" under the state's animal cruelty laws, the baby raccoons would be, and native songbirds are protected by both state AND Federal laws. He should have been reported, seriously, regardless of what the parents think. A few years down the road, when the police find some 14-year-old boy's dismembered body in this guy's freezer, the parents will be the first to say they had no idea, and never imagined their little sweetheart would every do anything like that! I have to deal with such "blind", in-denial parents everyday, who don't believe their kids' you-know-what stinks, and then they act all shocked and want to blame the music the kid listened to, or television, or video games(that THEY bought for him)-anything to take the burden of responsibilty off THEM!

pitbulllady

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hi sorry about your ( t ) as for that s*** of a brother wonder what would happen if x strong laxative was put in a drink :eek: :eek: :D would he have a lot more to think about:8o :8o :8o then killing any ones pets == phil

mischaaussems

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
buy a lividum and put it in his bed....... no really I've got no words for this behaviour. I would kick the s... out of him. Maybe you could destroy his playstation........

Transylvania

Gondorian
Old Timer
I come from the country in the Deep South, and even *I* know that isn't normal behavior, especially not for an 18-year-old who should be at least attempting to act like an adult now. Hunting is one thing, but deliberately torturing animals just to get pleasure from their suffering is a sign of serious and potentially dangerous mental illness. This is Jeffrey Dahmer stuff here. While your late tarantula might not have been considered an "animal" under the state's animal cruelty laws, the baby raccoons would be, and native songbirds are protected by both state AND Federal laws. He should have been reported, seriously, regardless of what the parents think. A few years down the road, when the police find some 14-year-old boy's dismembered body in this guy's freezer, the parents will be the first to say they had no idea, and never imagined their little sweetheart would every do anything like that! I have to deal with such "blind", in-denial parents everyday, who don't believe their kids' you-know-what stinks, and then they act all shocked and want to blame the music the kid listened to, or television, or video games(that THEY bought for him)-anything to take the burden of responsibilty off THEM!
Well I could definitely put some blame on the godawful rap music he listens to. >< He's not too torturous, the racoon thing was actually more of ignorance than anything. He basically forgot to release it, but definitely didn't feel any remorse for that mistake. I don't think he'd end up how you all are making him out to be, he's a decent guy, he just doesn't respect wildlife as much as a responsible person would. If you all think all that was bad, you should hear about our old neighbor. He derived enjoyment from nailing butterflies to pieces of wood and slowly torturing them to death. :(

H. cyaneus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well, since the tarantula ended up dying of natural causes, I guess that's better. But if you get another tarantula and you hear that, kick him in the balls. One kick. I don't know one guy that'll not drop to the ground from that. And I bet he'd never do it again. Anyways, if he's 18 he needs to grow up.

Mike

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
what a lovely place you live - in :eek: :eek: when you are old enough i get away from that place as fast as i could :clap: :clap: == phil

sstellw

Arachnopeon
I don't know guys. Some of you are making worse threats than the brother. I'm 20 and I have two older brothers and know just what you are going through. They used to say really mean things to me, but they never went as far as to follow through with any of their threats. Unless your brother is leaving lysol-killed spiders on your pillow, and taunting you with the can every time you turn a corner, I'd say his friends probably have a crush on you because you're (were, sorry!) a cool chick with a tarantula (otherwise they would be ignoring you) and your jealous brother was trying to look cooler. I certainly don't think he's a serial killer for threatening your spider once. Brothers are mean! I'm just now starting to get along with mine (now that we don't live together), so you can look forward to those days. Maybe one day (when he grows up a little, sheesh) you can give him a T for christmas and have a jolly old laugh. You should print this thread out and show it to him one day. I betcha he'll apologize. Cheers everyone. -Sarah

Transylvania

Gondorian
Old Timer
I don't know guys. Some of you are making worse threats than the brother. I'm 20 and I have two older brothers and know just what you are going through. They used to say really mean things to me, but they never went as far as to follow through with any of their threats. Unless your brother is leaving lysol-killed spiders on your pillow, and taunting you with the can every time you turn a corner, I'd say his friends probably have a crush on you because you're (were, sorry!) a cool chick with a tarantula (otherwise they would be ignoring you) and your jealous brother was trying to look cooler. I certainly don't think he's a serial killer for threatening your spider once. Brothers are mean! I'm just now starting to get along with mine (now that we don't live together), so you can look forward to those days. Maybe one day (when he grows up a little, sheesh) you can give him a T for christmas and have a jolly old laugh. You should print this thread out and show it to him one day. I betcha he'll apologize. Cheers everyone. -Sarah
Finally, someone understands. :worship: Ha, if only his friends weren't such jerks, I'd feel pretty great knowing they liked me (they're really attractive, looks-wise). XD

usher23

Arachnopeon
i had this problem a while back my sister said she wanted to kill my amazing b.emilia who is just beautiful she said how can you have these as pets she said when i was not around she would flush it down the toilet just cause shes scared of spiders, so i approch my parents about it they warned her to stay out my room, but i came home from work and she was trying to take the lock of my tank of my l.parabana so i decided enough is enough i orderd online a t.blondi adult skin and placed it carefully on her side in her room she freaked and has not since even been near my tanks i think i pushed her spider phobia up a few levels serves her right