Sick people...

common spider

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They just need to be taught a good lesson.Beat it into them and after sometime they might get the idea that its not good to mess with someones T or any pet for that matter.

TheDarkFinder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
"Cruelty to animals" does not, in any state that I'm aware of, extend to spiders or other invertebrates, no matter how much WE value them.
pitbulllady
Nope you are wrong do some research and try again.
thedarkfinder.

Scarp172

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Unfortunately it's a moot point-
Statutes under animal cruelty law for Kentucky dictate that the legal definition of an Animal is as follows:

446.010 DEFINITIONS FOR STATUTES GENERALLY
As used in the statute laws of this state, unless the context requires otherwise:

(2) "Animal" includes every warm-blooded living creature except a human being;

While in my state of Idaho it reads:
(2) "Animal" means any vertebrate member of the animal kingdom, except man.

Some state (I'm not going through every state's statutes just to find out :) ) may have cruelty laws that apply to invertebrates... Saddlepatch's state (Kentucky) does not.

The pepper spray option is bad idea. You should look this over a bit before you wantonly blast your brother with pepper spray. Unless he threatens you and not your T, you could be in far more trouble than your brother.

Hopefully your parents will handle it and if not I hope a police officer will take the case seriously and not blow it off because it's a spider.

Good luck!
-Steve

edie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
many serial killers tortured animals when they were young, don't get on your brothers bad side!

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
"it rubs the spider on its skin or it gets the hose again" just pretend to go out and mace the hell out of them when they go for your spider.. if the law isnt on your side (shocking) take it on yourself.. at the end of the day thats all you have to truly count on. :D

orkimedies

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
just gather a bunch of black widows and brown recluse spiders, agitate them, then unleash them upon him in his sleep

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i wish we had mace over here U - K as it would be handy for girls ( protection from attack ) :evil: :evil: from some men -- phil

jamesc

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'd say that you just tell him calmly that anything that happens to your pet will happen to him. Leave it at that.

ErikH

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You can always rub an exuvium inside a pair of his underwear. That will keep his mind on other things for a while.......{D

Tescos

Banned
Old Timer
you could just sell the spider and wait until you are old enough to have your own place and then keep what you want without the fear of someone coming in to kill it. (unless of course someone does break in to kill it {D ) .
regards
Chris

Oh and to all those wishing to dish out the death penalty to her rather sad brother.......For christs sake this is a spider!

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
Sounds like nothing much more then a wind up to me if he goes ahead and does it he has nothing to worry you with anymore, a few hours of extreme upset is nothing compared to thinking he has you lying awake at night in fear due to holding the threat over you :}.

But as Chris has said going "Super Menendez Bros" on any other family members is a bit ott for a spid even if he did go though with it, at least a court would see it that way.

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well we do get all sorts on here then i do not enjoy winding up young kids !! :rolleyes: == phil

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Nope you are wrong do some research and try again.
thedarkfinder.

Then show me examples, TheDarkFinder. I want specific laws, in specific states in the US, that take invertebrates under consideration in animal cruelty laws, and I'm not talking about laws to protect endangered insects and other arthropods, either. Show me a state where it's ILLEGAL to spray poison on a spider or insect, or swat a fly, or eat a shrimp, or even put Advantage on your dog or cat to kill fleas and ticks. There MIGHT be a half-dozen such states, but I'm doubting that there will even be that many. As Scarp172 pointed out, with regards to Kentucky(and I can say the same thing about South Carolina), in virtually every state, animal cruelty laws only apply to vertebrates, and in many states, only apply to WARM-BLOODED vertebrates, though this is changing and more and more are including reptiles in their definitions of animals that are to be protected against cruelty. No matter how much we value our spiders, spiders are still actually considered household pests by many. If you think it's illegal or considered cruelty under the law to kill a spider by spraying it with poison, just go check out your local supermarket, and see if they carry any spray pesticides that include spiders on the label. It would be against the law for them to sell such a product if it were illegal to kill a spider with it, and a tarantula is still a spider.

pitbulllady

Jonathan Wilhelm

Arachnopeon
Well if it were me I would tell them I would chop off their fingers if thay any harm comes to the T.

8+)

Arachnolord
Old Timer
They enjoy torturing animals, and they absolutely hate my T.
many serial killers tortured animals when they were young, don't get on your brothers bad side!
This is what also bothers me the most. What exactly have they done before? I hate to tell you to turn your brother in, but that might be better than letting things escalate. If you know for sure they have tortured animals, you at least should tell your parents. It could be that your brother is just hanging with the wrong crowd.

It might help if you can get a recording of them talking.

As others have said, try not to react to what they say, and try talking to him away from his friends.

Natemass

Arachnolord
Old Timer
mmm fight him, problem solved. if he gets beat up i highly doubt he will try to kill your t or it will really make him kill your t, but i do like chris's idea with the molt, he'll def like that;) .

Transylvania

Gondorian
Old Timer
This is what also bothers me the most. What exactly have they done before? I hate to tell you to turn your brother in, but that might be better than letting things escalate. If you know for sure they have tortured animals, you at least should tell your parents. It could be that your brother is just hanging with the wrong crowd.
Eh, just an ignorant evil teenage boy kind of behavior. Pouring salt on slugs, shooting squirrels and birds, capturing baby racoons in cages and leaving them out in the sun to dehydrate and die, pulling the skin off caterpillars, etc. And worse of all, my parents don't even care; they either laugh or act repulsed. Saying he makes me sick is an understatement.

Dilbrain

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sounds a bit like my brother when we were kids. He used to catch frogs and spear them on barb wire fences, then when the shrike [ bird] would come down to eat the frog, he would shoot the shrike.:eek:
I used to collect and breed the same type of frog.
Guess which one of us is happily married with kids [ and T's ] . and which one is still single, in his 40's, after 3 divorces?
:D
ps. when I was 14 and my bro was 16, he tried to kill my pet rat. This ended in a lot of pain for him, not the rat. Time to stand up for yourself mate !
Good luck.

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ahhh, remand me when I wuz about 11
I had a puppy and local kid who wuz bullying kids around pick on me and kick my dog,
Oh Man did I wished it wuz a rottweiler and jes ate him up, but my poor lill spaniel cryed,
so wit out thinkin fer long, I kicked dis kid so hard, and happend to hit right between legs <didnt planed it tho>
Remember he yelled alot louder den my dog
my pets like my kids, I take strong responsbility
I don't know how to advise u, Am not a violent person
but maybe electroshock therapy will help yer brother
zzzap him couple times, maybe he will think straight :rolleyes:
But, fer real, tell him to grow up, at 18 he should be bit more of a man, FFS :rolleyes: