Should I get a Honduran Curly Hair or a Mexican Red Knee?

Hydrazine

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Welp, went to an exotic pet expo/fair today and saw this cute little B.albo and..oh well, welcome tarantula #11.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I mean really, that is the women that wiped your stinky butt when you were little. Have some respect. :D

Bugmom

Arachnolord
I mean really, that is the women that wiped your stinky butt when you were little. Have some respect. :D
Oh, if that was my kid hiding anything in a closet, they'd be grounded for a very long time. Oh, wait, my teenager already IS grounded for a very long time for hiding things from us! :rolleyes:

Jeff23

Arachnolord
Oh, if that was my kid hiding anything in a closet, they'd be grounded for a very long time. Oh, wait, my teenager already IS grounded for a very long time for hiding things from us! :rolleyes:
And it doesn't even stop when you become an adult. I called my mom on Sunday (lives in another state) and she asked about the noise in the background (Oops! I forgot to move my cricket tub to the other room). I told her it was my computer fan making noises. I just can't tell her I own and love spiders.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
And it doesn't even stop when you become an adult. I called my mom on Sunday (lives in another state) and she asked about the noise in the background (Oops! I forgot to move my cricket tub to the other room). I told her it was my computer fan making noises. I just can't tell her I own and love spiders.
@57 not telling your mom you love spiders...:rofl:
Seriously though, i can understand why. No need to scare her needlessly. :)

Jeff23

Arachnolord
@57 not telling your mom you love spiders...:rofl:
Seriously though, i can understand why. No need to scare her needlessly. :)
Yes. :D And if I did tell her it would only get worse the more I talked. If I told her I was paying money for spiders it would get even worse. She would never understand about tarantulas. She is at the age where it is best to not go there.

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
Yes. :D And if I did tell her it would only get worse the more I talked. If I told her I was paying money for spiders it would get even worse. She would never understand about tarantulas. She is at the age where it is best to not go there.
Reading this, I feel pretty grateful that my mom is always asking how her (eight-legged) grandbabies are doing whenever we talk. I'm assuming she gave up hope of getting actual grandbabies a long time ago, ahahaha. :rofl:

Jeff23

Arachnolord
Reading this, I feel pretty grateful that my mom is always asking how her (eight-legged) grandbabies are doing whenever we talk. I'm assuming she gave up hope of getting actual grandbabies a long time ago, ahahaha. :rofl:
That is a great! I have no plans to hide my hobby from friends, people at work, or other people I meet. It is their loss if they don't like it. And I love the idea of converting more people to have better respect for spiders.

But I try to protect my Mom from any additional stress. At this point it is best for her to just enjoy the rest of her time in the world.