Sazimai Blue temperament?

Brachyfan

Deactivated account
Here's a pic @Olan. Looking at the t I think size estimation might be a little off. My guess would be 1.5-2" about the size of my thumb. 20200110_204440.jpg 20200110_204532.jpg

If indeed it is not a p saz then what is it? I got this one from a guy who was getting out of the hobby. I did see someone else with one that looked exactly like this one that got it from a reputable dealer so I just assumed that it would be one too. Now I am kinda worried :(

Last edited:

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Cool. I love Ts at that size. That whole 1-3" area! Does your's resemble my picture at all? @Olan has got me thinking that I may have gotten more than I bargained for!
Right now it's a generic (but cute) grey/brown NW sling. Here it is immediately after its previous molt in November:

It has since molted on January 2, though I haven't yet taken a good photo of it.

Brachyfan

Deactivated account
Right now it's a generic (but cute) grey/brown NW sling. Here it is immediately after its previous molt in November:

It has since molted on January 2, though I haven't yet taken a good photo of it.
Definitely a little cutie!

It's abdomen is that same tan colour as mine. That gives me some hope! You sling kinda reminds me of my G pulchripes sling that is about the same size. Funny how given a couple of molts and they won't look the same at all.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
It's abdomen is that same tan colour as mine. That gives me some hope! You sling kinda reminds me of my G pulchripes sling that is about the same size.
Many slings are unidentifiable beyond "NW terrestrial" until they start getting their adult colors.

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It still could be sazimai. Maybe it just needs a molt. After molting, even my pretty small juveniles (like 1.5”) showed a blue sheen under bright light:
E13FB77C-F748-4781-960F-95782767CE45.jpeg

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
I also dug up some photos of both my P. sazimai when they were about that size for reference.

P. sazimai #1 at 1.5 inches:

P. sazimai #2 at 1.25 inches:

P. sazimai #2 at 2.25 inches:

Brachyfan

Deactivated account
Thanks for sharing your pics guys. I notice some things that confirm my t :)
I guess I will have to wait until the next molt.

Cheers

FatherOfTheSpider

Arachnopeon
Kinda skittish, photosensitive at smaller sizes, heard of people getting defensive ones though I've never had any threat postures from mine. They're surprisingly quick for a slow growing terrestrial species.

View media item 61664
That’s a beauty that one! Yeah I generally think there are most defensive ones than docile ones out there knowing my luck I’ll end up with a defensive one just like my Mexican red who is a bit defensive in comparison to others I know lol sighh

I also dug up some photos of both my P. sazimai when they were about that size for reference.

P. sazimai #1 at 1.5 inches:

P. sazimai #2 at 1.25 inches:

P. sazimai #2 at 2.25 inches:
Beautiful!

Last edited by a moderator:

Brachyfan

Deactivated account
That’s a beauty that one! Yeah I generally think there are most defensive ones than docile ones out there knowing my luck I’ll end up with a defensive one just like my Mexican red who is a bit defensive in comparison to others I know lol sighh
I'd rather have a defensive one than a bolty one though. Not sure about a docile one. Do they even exist lol!?!? This species is your typical high strung brazillian t!

FatherOfTheSpider

Arachnopeon
I'd rather have a defensive one than a bolty one though. Not sure about a docile one. Do they even exist lol!?!? This species is your typical high strung brazillian t!
Well I hope so I believe every species has it fair share of docile ones lol even though there mega hard to come by

Brachyfan

Deactivated account
Well I hope so I believe every species has it fair share of docile ones lol even though there mega hard to come by
I would say less high strung. Or comparativly docile lol! But then again my tiny genic sling is my nicest most gentlemanly t so far. So ya never know!

Jess S

Arachnobaron
I have an approx 4" female and she's more skittish and bolty than anything. Not seen any defensive behaviour yet, but that could change as she used to only emerge from her hide after lights out. She has started spending a lot of time out in the open now.
Opening the lid will send her into a panic and straight to her hide. But there have been occasions where she'll bolt in a unpredictable direction so I have to be really careful. They are fast!

FatherOfTheSpider

Arachnopeon
Ok so I’ve made my decision......I think I will go for the GBB my reasons being they are probably the best in terms of the step up of beginner level, not as defensive or bolty as the P Sazimai. Now my question is where in the Uk can I find this species any good online places? Never bought online before and my local reptile stores don’t seem to have any?
I will be in London the coming weeks so is there anywhere in London I could get one?
Thanks guys :)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Not true

Opening the lid will send her into a panic and straight to her hide.
Helpful! I already deal with this with another species.

The more I read- the more I’m on the fence. Crap

Last edited by a moderator:

Minty

@londontarantulas
Ok so I’ve made my decision......I think I will go for the GBB my reasons being they are probably the best in terms of the step up of beginner level, not as defensive or bolty as the P Sazimai. Now my question is where in the Uk can I find this species any good online places? Never bought online before and my local reptile stores don’t seem to have any?
I will be in London the coming weeks so is there anywhere in London I could get one?
Thanks guys :)
Google 'Crystal Palace Reptiles', they currently have one in stock. They sell tarantulas and I've bought from them a few times. Just be aware that you'll be quizzed on your husbandry before you buy the T. Nothing major, they just want to know what kind of set up you're going to have for it. They'll ask you about your experience if you try to buy an OW. If you go to their website, you can check out the price list. Spidersworld eu usually have them in stock, but you'll need to wait before they start posting post winter.

If you'd rather a sling, PM me and I'll point you in the right direction.