Sazimai Blue temperament?

FatherOfTheSpider

Arachnopeon
Google 'Crystal Palace Reptiles', they currently have one in stock. They sell tarantulas and I've bought from them a few times. Just be aware that you'll be quizzed on your husbandry before you buy the T. Nothing major, they just want to know what kind of set up you're going to have for it. They'll ask you about your experience if you try to buy an OW. If you go to their website, you can check out the price list. Spidersworld eu usually have them in stock, but you'll need to wait before they start posting post winter.

If you'd rather a sling, PM me and I'll point you in the right direction.
Thanks Minty...I can’t seem to PM you though

Jess S

Arachnopeon
Helpful! I already deal with this with another species.

The more I read- the more I’m on the fence. Crap
I think you'd enjoy a sazimai. They are a handsome species. Mine has been pretty good on the rehousings too. Hasn't thrown a threat posture or even tried to flee, which was a massive surprise, as I was all ready with the catch cups in each occasion. Mind you, I let it come out of the cup into the new enclosure on its own, as I felt I'd be pushing my luck if I started poking it again lol.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I think you'd enjoy a sazimai. They are a handsome species. Mine has been pretty good on the rehousings too. Hasn't thrown a threat posture or even tried to flee, which was a massive surprise, as I was all ready with the catch cups in each occasion. Mind you, I let it come out of the cup into the new enclosure on its own, as I felt I'd be pushing my luck if I started poking it again lol.
maybe, not fond of high maintenance husbandry Ts, I already have some of those.

ColRolo

Arachnopeon
I had a P Saz as my first ever T. Thats it in my profile pic. Mines really easy to look after goes through periods of never being seen and always being out. When enclosure is opened it always retreats to its burrow allowing me to be able to do maintenace really easy.
Rehoused once and it just walked straight into its new enclosure. Never seen a threat posture and when it bolts it tends to only be short distances.

scooter1685

Arachnopeon
My sazimai slings aren't as bolty as my GBBs are. One of them is always out in the open unless I'm messing with his enclosure, in which case he hides under his cork bark until he feels safe. The other hides in his burrow about 80% of the time and has flicked hairs at food once or twice when he was in premolt, but never at me and never given a threat pose. He has a habit of putting leftover bits of food in his water dish, and sometimes burying the water dish in substrate, but those are the worst things I've had to deal with from him so far.

For all of my spider maintenance, I put the enclosures inside of a clear plastic tub. That way, if a spider bolts, they are still (hopefully) contained inside the plastic tub. I've only ever had two tarantulas bolt outside of their enclosure. One was a GBB that sat on the outer side of his enclosure until I herded him back in after I finished cleaning, and the other was a G. quirogai that was too big for the enclosure I had initially prepared for him. His legs almost touched all sides of the enclosure before he bolted. I'd probably have wanted to leave too.

I've only had my sazimai slings for a few months now, but so far they haven't been any more difficult than any of my others. They do seem to like a bit more moisture than the Grammostola slings I have, but that's about it.

Jess S

Arachnopeon
My sazimai is a slob. Moult was left in her hide for weeks until I got the chance to fish it out. Bolus' are discarded anywhere, yet her waterdish is her toilet. She poops in and around it, including on the sides of the enclosure by it. I know it's her way of keeping her poop away from her hide, just would be nice if she could leave all her rubbish in the same corner too :D

Brachyfan

Arachnobaron
No idea how to post a pic to the gallery so I will post it here.

I took a pic of the P sazimai with my flash and this is what I found: 20200118_012337.jpg 20200118_012343.jpg 20200118_012424.jpg

@Olan @nicodimus22 @Ungoliant it definitely has blue showing up. Is there any other species that would have this occur?

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
No idea how to post a pic to the gallery so I will post it here.
How to upload to a public gallery:
  1. In the top menu bar, click "Gallery."
  2. Select the relevant image category from the menu on the left.
  3. Click "Add Media" (near the upper-right corner).
  4. Select "Upload an image from your files" (should be selected by default).
  5. Click "Upload Image."
  6. Select the image file on your computer or phone.
  7. Add a title (preferably including the scientific species name) and description.
  8. Click "Save Media."

If you've already posted one gallery photo, and you want to link a second photo, the best way to handle this is to upload the second image to the same gallery and then add the second image as a comment on your first image.

How to embed images in forum posts, gallery comments, or conversations:
  1. Open the image (in Arachnoboards) that you want to embed.
  2. Copy the code in "Share BB (With Thumbnail) Code" or "Share BB GALLERY Code." (Both of these options allow the user to click the image for a link to the source.)
  3. Paste the code where you want the image to be in your forum post, gallery comments, or conversations.

asunshinefix

Arachnosquire
Can anyone comment on how this species compares to your average Pamphobeteus, temperament-wise?