Salticidae photos

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
Hi

Are there other shops where I can buy Phidippus?
I only know Todd Gearheart and the Spider Pharm!

Regards
Andi
there is a european section of the boards...your best luck would be checking there, as many of the us dealers cannot ship that far away.

Last edited:

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
just go to user cp, look down under miscellaneous..it should say group memberships. click group memberships and then click join group where it should now say europeans. :D

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
First jumper of the year!

I actually saw two. one was smaller and just black and white zebra striped. and then it ran away as I came back with my camera. so here is another I found and got some shots of. sorry they arent that good I dont have a tripod so its hard to get clear shots.

there ya go! hope ya like them :D:D

Tegenaria

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Cool shots! Well, the temps are creeping up so soon there'll be lots of these stalking the walls outside the house.

padkison

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Probable Phidippus ostiosus

And another. Seems to be color variation. Note the similarities in dorsal abdomen striping and the white face. Also, the legs. Both about 1.5 cm with legs.

Last edited:

Steven Gielis

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How big are they? Europe isn't gifted with big jumping spiders. Phidippus species are lot bigger than the native species.

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
the one in the pictures is about a half inch or so.. perhaps a little more. it is quite large it will kill a full sized cricket with ease.

zLOST

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi,
Unfortunately i have no clue about the genus/species, so here are pics i took recently:

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
great shots Ota!
when i got home from work today i noticed this outside on the side of my building munching on a small fly it had captured.ran inside to grab my camera and take a photo and manged to get one good shot.little fella jumped onto my lens to haha!ran around my camera for a bit then dropped a line of webbing and went down onto the ground.didnt even drop the fly the whole time.anyone have any thoughts on an id?

Last edited:

padkison

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Phidippus ostiosus

Phidippus audux (caught this gal this am whilst picking blackberries)

dbozic

Arachnopeon
Hrvatska

Can anybody tell me how much can they live , i have captured a lot of them all kind of species jumping spiders, there are actually a much lot of them here in Croatia.

padkison

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The ostiosus was found crawling on the screen of our porch. The audux on a road guard rail while walking back to the car from picking blackberries alongside the road.

Man that was some great pics, where did you find those ?

Last edited: