Salmon pink bird eater care.

tristan4033

Arachnoknight
I can get a 1/2 sling but have no idea how to care for it when it's older or how big it will get. This sling is 5$ so I may take it. Can anybody help

tristan4033

Arachnoknight
I will feed it crickets legal and crickets with no head at first when i get it but when should I upgrade the food to Dubia roaches

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I can get a 1/2 sling but have no idea how to care for it when it's older or how big it will get. This sling is 5$ so I may take it. Can anybody help
A part of substrate slightly moist, a tiny piece of cork bark... a little water dish if possible. The usual things :-s

For an adult everything in proportion, water dish alone is enough.

beaker41

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It will get to be around 7" dls in 2-3 years depending on how often you feed and what temp you keep it at. I would move to Dubai nymphs, prekilled if she will take them at first, as soon as size permits, a lot more bang for your buck with Dubai than crickets

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
It will get to be around 7" dls in 2-3 years depending on how often you feed and what temp you keep it at. I would move to Dubai nymphs, prekilled if she will take them at first, as soon as size permits, a lot more bang for your buck with Dubai than crickets
Oh, L.parahybana would gladly love non Arab roaches as well :troll:

Tenevanica

Arachnodemon
You have a Lasiodora parahybana. They are a large heavy bodied terrestrial species. They could attain a maximum size of 10 inches, but 8 inches is a more average fully grown size for this species.

The care is pretty standard. Keep the sling in a vial or deli cup. Keep upgrading enclosure size as it grows. Enclosures should be 2 times its leg span in width and 3 times its leg span in length. This species is somewhat moisture dependent, but can be kept drier than some other rainforest species. Keep it on moist (not wet) substrate as a sling. The adult can be kept on dry substrate with a large water dish. Overflow the dish when you fill it up to provide a bit of moist substrate for it. Provide it a hide, and make sure the height from the substrate to the enclosure ceiling isn't more than 1 1/2 times its leg span. As a sling feed it twice a week. Feed the adult once a week. The feeder should be no bigger than the body of the spider. Ts up to six inches or so will take large crickets. Anything larger than that and you'll want to switch do dubia.

tristan4033

Arachnoknight
The dubia will be a lot of money when it gets older because I'll need to ship them. How many will I need to feed it per month

Tenevanica

Arachnodemon
And I just realized that throughout my posts on this thread I'm switching between spelling numbers out and just typing the number. What's going on with my brain today? :confused:

tristan4033

Arachnoknight
Ok my bad guys the sling will be one third inch. What do I feed a sling that small. Will cricket legs work of so how will o feed it them