Salmon pink bird eater care.

tristan4033

Arachnoknight
It is ok to stack them? Wouldn't moving them off eachother to fill waterdish or add food be an issue

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I fed my 3 inch a. Chalcodes 3 medium crickets...it eats like crazy
Yeah it will do, up until it decides it's had enough and stops eating for 6+ months, feed it one 1 prey item no bigger than its abdomen once a week.

When it gets about 3 inches, will the usual 3-5 crickets be ok for it
Feed it one 1 prey item no bigger than its abdomen once a week.

The dubia will be a lot of money when it gets older because I'll need to ship them. How many will I need to feed it per month
I feed my 6+ inch L. difficilis 1 dubia or equivalent every 2 weeks.

Would a 20 gallon tank be big enough for it when it's an adult or will I need a 40 gal
20 gal would be overkill for even a fully grown T. blondi/stirmi/apophysis, 10 gal max and only if it actually gets over 8".

I don't see how a 5 gallon can house a 8+ inch spider
You'll be extremely lucky if it gets over 8" (apparently 7" is common, 8" rare, 9+" is a myth).

Tenevanica

Arachnodemon
You'll be extremely lucky if it gets over 8" (apparently 7" is common, 8" rare, 9+" is a myth).
7-8 is about average I hear. I measured an 8.5 incher one time at a pet shop. A while ago (and of course I won't be able to find it...) I saw a pic of one next to a ruler, and it was a solid 10 inches.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Brachypalma vagan aka Mexican red rump
But what about the Brazilian red rump you wanted, still wondering what species that was lol ? And L.parahybana needs a 100 gallon minimum. ( sarcasm)

But yeah they grow fast and are one of the easier Ts to take watch over, just feed it more then your other Ts like your aphonopelma

Tenevanica

Arachnodemon
And L.parahybana needs a 100 gallon minimum.
:astonished: Animal cruelty! Don't you know that tarantulas need lots of exercise? It's to burn off the calories they get from their regular feast of small children. An acre minimum is what they need... bigger when it gets to the size of an SUV. We tarantula keepers own wildlife preserves to house our spiders, in case you were wondering.

Tenevanica

Arachnodemon
I'm also going to get an obt even though people ink I shouldnt
Yeah? I'm also getting a Bengal tiger. People told me I shouldn't, but I've kept a few tabbies, so you could say I'm pretty experienced with cats.

Seriously, dude, let us know how the ER visit goes. It's always interesting to hear what doctors think about T bites. That is, if you can tell them what bit you while you lie there writhing in pain.

tristan4033

Arachnoknight
On the down low......I kind of want to see what the doctors would think....they send you to the hospital? Do you need a permit then(dumb question)

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
On the down low......I kind of want to see what the doctors would think....they send you to the hospital? Do you need a permit then(dumb question)
No permit at all is required for keep a P.murinus ('OBT') :-s

Yes, their venom potency is able to send someone to the hospital: the pain is brutal. I've never been bitten, but trust me. Brutal :cigar: