Salmon pink bird eater care.

tristan4033

Arachnoknight
I'm also getting a 1 1/2 inch red rump and will keep it in a critter keeper then move it into a Rubbermaid for its final enclosure when it's maybe 2 1/2

Tenevanica

Arachnodemon
I'm also getting a 1 1/2 inch red rump and will keep it in a critter keeper then move it into a Rubbermaid for its final enclosure when it's maybe 2 1/2
To answer the question in your first post, you can pre-kill feeders and they'll scavenge on them. Cricket legs may work for that. I feed my small slings bean beetles, though not everyone has those. There are roach species with nymphs small enough to feed a T that size. It's a bit big for fruit flies. I'd just pre-kill and let it scavenge.

To answer the second post, what the hell is a red rump? I can think of three dozen different species with a red abdomen.

Tenevanica

Arachnodemon
Brachypalma vagan aka Mexican red rump
I've never heard of that common name. You learn something new every day. Just a little tip, use scientific names always. Common names vary, and most of us don't know them.

What size KK you keeping it in? Again, two times its leg span in width, three times its leg span in length. Normally I wouldn't use KK, but Brachypelma vagans needs it dry, so it's fine to use. The species gets about 6", so it's adult enclosure will need to be about 12 X 18 inches. That's a bit big for a 2 1/2" specimen. You might want to consider an intermediate enclosure for it to grow out of before you move it to its adult enclosure.

Tenevanica

Arachnodemon
a 5g is plenty big for an adult.
I'll rate that "agree" because it's true, but perhaps the OP wants it a bit bigger for some decorating or something else. This is a big species too... I don't think a 10 gallon would hurt.

Tenevanica

Arachnodemon
And I don't see how a 5 gallon can house a 8+ inch spider
The 5.5 gallons Petsmart sells are 16" L x 8" W x 10" H as described by their website. This is a bit tiny for this species, I will admit, and they're won't be much room for anything more than a hide and a water dish. It's large enough, but jsut barely

That's why I am personally recommending a 10 gallon.

Pictures incoming...

tristan4033

Arachnoknight
If that was the case I would but it in a Rubbermaid with really good ventilation

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
I kept my three LP slings in a small condiment container at that size. I keep all tiny spiders on Eco earth that is 1/4 moist for them to drink from. After mine molted about three times, I moved them up to bigger enclosures with bottle cap water dishes. Feed crushed head crickets or small meal worms for first few months. They will quickly eat anything you throw in. If they don't jump on the feeders right away they are probably in premolt.

The adult in my avatar is kept in a ten gallon. They are very active, and utilize the space. you could use 5.5 size, but it would be cramped. she's nowhere near my T stirmi in size, but much bigger than any other adults in my collection.

Tenevanica

Arachnodemon
@tristan4033
My Brachypelma vagans enclosure:
IMG_1353.JPG
That's a 12 inch ruler. This Kritter Keeper will be large enough for it as an adult, though an adult can be kept in something slightly larger as well. (The spider was hiding for the pic!)

My Lasiodora parahybana vial:
IMG_1354.JPG IMG_1355.JPG
This will support the sling until its an inch in size. (That's a 40 dram vial.) Note that I had just wet the substrate. There should not be that much condensation on the inside of the vial. If there is, don't wet down the substrate as often or increase ventilation.

tristan4033

Arachnoknight
I'm already going to have to buy a storage shelf system by sterlite for all my ts haha. 14 inches in depth 36 inches wide and like 60 inches tall I can store about two of my Rubbermaid enclosures on one shelf

Tenevanica

Arachnodemon
I'm already going to have to buy a storage shelf system by sterlite for all my ts haha. 14 inches in depth 36 inches wide and like 60 inches tall I can store about two of my Rubbermaid enclosures on one shelf
Rubbermaids are nice because they're stackable. This hobby gets addictive quick... Better start moving in the shelves.