Punctured abdomen

YagerManJennsen

Arachnobaron
found him on the floor of the enclosure with a punctured abdomen and white fluid oozing from it. Don't know what I can do if there even is sounding to do. It doesn't look good.

magicmed

Arachnobaron
I believe it's recommended that you can try flour, or a non toxic super glue, just a dab though. I would wait for someone more experienced though.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Ouch :( It looks like an Avicularia? It must have fallen on something.

The whole flour and superglue deal works for leaking hemolymph, but that's not hemolymph. I don't think there's much you can do, here.

YagerManJennsen

Arachnobaron
Ouch :( It looks like an Avicularia? It must have fallen on something.

The whole flour and superglue deal works for leaking hemolymph, but that's not hemolymph. I don't think there's much you can do, here.
He's been on the enclosure floor all day and yes he is an Avic avic. He is a mature male that has lost almost all of his ability to climb so I don't know what he could have fallen on. there is nothing sharp or jagged on the floor on the enclosure but you are probably correct.

magicmed

Arachnobaron
@EulersK Intestinal fluid maybe? I saw it and was taken aback a bit. Do you know what it is? Just for my curiosity sake

YagerManJennsen

Arachnobaron
Intestinal fluid maybe? I saw it and was taken aback a bit. Do you know what it is? Just for my curiosity sake
I do not . He is still mobile though he was just sort-of hobbling when I had the light on him. Maybe its just fat leaking out?

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
It may not have fallen on anything sharp, but a fall from the top of an arboreal enclosure could easily cause damage even onto substrate.

I think it's just the innards of the spider :( Man, that picture got to me. It's already displaying a death curl. That's rough, I'm sorry.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Get @cold blood or @viper69 to weigh in on it first, they may have seen something like this before.

If it were me, I would. It's a mature male anyway, and as you said, an old one at that. Even if he does pull through, he's on borrowed time as it is.

YagerManJennsen

Arachnobaron
Well however it turns out I'm glad we got see him mate I'm keeping a couple of his spider children one will carry on the Fluffy name, Fluffy III.

YagerManJennsen

Arachnobaron
I noticed him in the curl earlier tonight, and tried to get him closer to his water dish by gently nudging him, maybe that' what did it.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
He is a mature male that has lost almost all of his ability to climb so I don't know what he could have fallen on. there is nothing sharp or jagged on the floor on the enclosure but you are probably correct.

A spider that can't climb should be in a short cage. Just the fall itself can injure them. I can't tell what's going on with that cage. Obviously something was a hazard. Nudging him wouldn't have caused that wound.

YagerManJennsen

Arachnobaron
A spider that can't climb should be in a short cage. Just the fall itself can injure them. I can't tell what's going on with that cage. Obviously something was a hazard. Nudging him wouldn't have caused that wound.
It didn't even occur to me to put him inn a shorter cage. I will note that for future reference.

YagerManJennsen

Arachnobaron
He could climb the cork bark and stick, just not the plastic walls so he must have fallen. Though he's been on the floor a lot recently, guess I must have missed it when he climbed and fell.