Punctured abdomen

G. pulchra

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Another option is to put him in the freezer, not as quick but less traumatic for you.

YagerManJennsen

Arachnobaron
I wouldn't be able to sleep knowing he's just in there freezing. But I guess What must be done, must be done

Garth Vader

Arachnobaron
I'm so sorry. I don't have any advice but seeing the picture and reading the responses is quite sad. It's clear you really care about him and gave him a good life. My heart goes out to you. My your fuzzy T rest in peace.

YagerManJennsen

Arachnobaron
I'm so sorry. I don't have any advice but seeing the picture and reading the responses is quite sad. It's clear you really care about him and gave him a good life. My heart goes out to you. My your fuzzy T rest in peace.
This made a knot form in my throat, Thank you man

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
It has been suggested that you put them in the fridge for a short time first and then into the freezer. The fridge will make them comatose and less likely to feel the freezer portion.
I'm very sorry too. Making this decision is one that all of us would probably prefer not to do. My heart goes out to you.

Kymura

Arachnoknight
So very very sorry. What a horrible choice for you to have to make. :( my heart hurts for you.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I'd cut him in half, longways, not abdomen and carapace, but the other way.
Jesus man, even I couldn't do that, and I feel like I'm pretty apathetic towards mature males.

I tend to take them out to the back yard and drop a cinder block on them. Absolutely instant, I don't need to see it, and they're completely decomposed within a few weeks.

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
Jesus man, even I couldn't do that, and I feel like I'm pretty apathetic towards mature males.

I tend to take them out to the back yard and drop a cinder block on them. Absolutely instant, I don't need to see it, and they're completely decomposed within a few weeks.
I don't know why, but when I'm putting something down, I just don't feel much. When I go to my local park, there's a stream that dries up all the time.. I find dying fish and tadpoles that are too far to be saved. I bring a knife to put them out of their misery if I can't save them.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I didn't expect to have these strong of feeling when the time finally came.
It's okay to feel the way that you do about a small creature whose life you shared. It's such a privilege for us to be able to spend time with them and it sometimes takes us by surprise how much they mean to us.
You're making me teary eyed too.

YagerManJennsen

Arachnobaron
I am supposed to be packing for a day of driving down to florida but instead i'm gently sobbing at the keyboard. What a way to get ready for a vacation.