Punctured abdomen

YagerManJennsen

Arachnobaron
It was difficult but he is in the fridge now. Call me over-emotional but I might be jamming the sad songs playlist I have saved on spotify.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I haven't seen this myself, nor seen it at all. In true spiders, and likely Ts, haemolymph is more translucent than that. It could be midgut fluids. Or a significant amount of coagulated haemolymph, but I would expect it to be a light blue color similar to true spiders.

Andy00

Arachnoknight
Sorry man, didn't think that one through. I was just trying to give an example of how someone else dealt with a relatively similar issue. I thought that video would've started a good discussion but I now see this was the wrong thread to post that on. Sorry for your loss :( I think you did the right thing.

YagerManJennsen

Arachnobaron
He was going to go within the next few months anyway so I guess his time just came a bit early. I never felt the way I did last night about another T that have dies on me but Fluffy was The first tarantula in 7 years, the Pride of the collection and the one who jump started my interest so he had a special attachment.

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
I'm so sorry. I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes for you and Fluffy. That oozed stuff was horrible to see in a picture. It must have have made you sick when you found him.
I'm glad that you're gently putting him down. :(

Sana

Arachnoprince
Oh no now I'm crying. Fluffy stayed with me for a short time for a date and he was such a sweet little guy. He decided that my hand was the safest place to be when he came out of my girl's enclosure. It was really adorable watching him sit on my hand and immediately start grooming himself while I was trying to figure the best way to maneuver him back into his enclosure without startling him. And his sac is the avic sac that I posted about earlier in the week that is most likely almost entirely bad. If I can get any of those eggs to develop they're yours @YagerManJennsen. I will try hard to get you a sweet little baby Fluffy.

JumpingSpiderLady

Arachnobaron
I haven't had spiders long enough to need to make that choice, but I have put down a beloved fish before. To those who thinks dogs and cats are the only worthwhile pets to keep, it seems silly to be so emotional, but I cried and cried.
Take heart knowing you did the right thing.