Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well if my pair breeds....I'll post pix....{P.Pulcher}

P.Langdenbucheri ? Anyone ?

Jason:D

hamfoto

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Eric, very nice! I can't wait to see an adult...

Martin! Congrats on that sac...it seems small, how many do you think are there? Do you have a pic of adults?

Chris

FireGuyX

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Psalmopoeus langenbucheri juvenile.

Nice one on the eggsac Martin :)

I need to start feeding mine more frequently, get them growing.

Eric
You need to start breeding them to get more in the hobby.

jebbewocky

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm probably going to be getting some of these guys--specifically, irminia, reduncus, pulcher. Not a big fan of cambridgei for whatever reason.

Would a 5.5 gallon on end be enough for these guys? And I've heard they live longer than Taps or Avics.

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm probably going to be getting some of these guys--specifically, irminia, reduncus, pulcher. Not a big fan of cambridgei for whatever reason.

Would a 5.5 gallon on end be enough for these guys? And I've heard they live longer than Taps or Avics.
I don't know about the other species, I have P. cambridgei, I love the subtle beauty and the all out vicious temper {Dbut I think a 5.5g on its end should be just fine. I couldn't tell you about the lifespan though, mines still a juvie.

jebbewocky

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I don't know about the other species, I have P. cambridgei, I love the subtle beauty and the all out vicious temper {Dbut I think a 5.5g on its end should be just fine. I couldn't tell you about the lifespan though, mines still a juvie.

Would a 5.5 gal work for an adult?
This is for a display tank.

jebbewocky

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yes. 2.5 is the absolute minimum for an adult, but it would still work well.
Wow! I figured you'd say that would be a no-no.
I'll take some measurements and do some considering. If the difference in size isn't that much (in terms of taking up space on my shelves) I might go for the 5.5, but if it is substantial I'll go with the 2.5--if they can get by on 2.5 then no point wasting space!

I'll post pics once I have everything! :D

mitchnast

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Psalmopoeus irminia, ultimate male:

Fresh molt? I see a single parasitic mite, it is in all the pics of this individual on the outside furrow on his left chelicerae.
another can be seen on the inside, right chelicerae

at least it's a male, But I would think twice before using him for breeding.