Genus Psalmopoeus

Richard McJimsey

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Awesome Eric!
Are there many of this species in the US?
Best of luck!

Rick

Last edited:

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hi Rick,

Best of luck!
Are there many of this species in the US?
Only the ones I have. Thanks!.. hopefully things will work out with the group I have. I'm thankful to have them... tiny little things right now.

Eric

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Thanks,
Shes pretty small maybe about 4-4.5" legspan.
The egg sack looks to be a nice size tho :]
-Chris

4tec84

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
:eek: thats one awesome looking T.

Great shot too!

By the way how old is it?

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
:eek: thats one awesome looking T.

Great shot too!

By the way how old is it?
Thanks! Easily one of my favorites... she's 5 years old and has produced 5 eggsacs over the years (twice double clutched). When I got her out for this photo, I finally took out four 3-inch offspring that I had left living in her cereal container this past year!

Eric

4tec84

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks! Easily one of my favorites... she's 5 years old and has produced 5 eggsacs over the years (twice double clutched). When I got her out for this photo, I finally took out four 3-inch offspring that I had left living in her cereal container this past year!

Eric
Wow, wait four offsprings living with her?? Thats amazing and your female is definitely one of the beautifulest representation of this sp. i've ever seen.

willychon

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
new mexican species

hello I just wanna show you a new species in descripiton process
it´s name Psalmopoeus victorii (Mexico)

Martin H.

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hello willychon,

hello I just wanna show you a new species in descripiton process
it´s name Psalmopoeus victorii (Mexico)
if it is still in "descpription process" you shouldn't use this name in the public. Names which are published without a scientific relevant paper which introduces this names properly are called "nomen nudum" and can't be used for a description anymore! => no serious scientist would use the name Psalmopoues victorii anymore to name a new Psalmopoeus species, because you made it to a nomen nudum!

BTW, may I ask who is working on the description and when it's planned to be published and in which medium?

all the best,
Martin