Genus Psalmopoeus

willychon

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
thanks for the comment, you are right is still in process description.

the person who is describing this new T is a friend of mine , biologist from mexico his name is Jorge Mendoza, I suppose he is the best in Mexico

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Subadult female Psalmopoeus pulcher

Here is my reduncus she just molted a little over a week ago so I just got her out for the first time since and I must say she is looking really nice :D ...

Greg
Haha, they're doing a pokie stance! :p

Are these pictures taken at night? They seem calm and comfortable outside their webbing. I've read that they were heavy webbers and very reclusive.

It's funny that this is one of sp. I'm looking at is the "least" defensive. I'd like to eventually get 2 irminia and 2 P. regalis slings from robc. I don't know why, the psychotic ones of any animal sp. attracts me or I just end up getting. Had a hampster that was extremely territorial we named "Satan." {D

Zoltan

Cult Leader
Old Timer
Hello Martin,
if it is still in "descpription process" you shouldn't use this name in the public. Names which are published without a scientific relevant paper which introduces this names properly are called "nomen nudum" and can't be used for a description anymore! => no serious scientist would use the name Psalmopoues victorii anymore to name a new Psalmopoeus species, because you made it to a nomen nudum!
While using a not-yet-valid name in public on an internet forum is silly and definitely ill-advised, it won't make a scientific name a nomen nudum.

Martin H.

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi,

it won't make a scientific name a nomen nudum.
I have heard different opinions on that and also know a magazine which blackens new names of the preview of their journal cover, till it is printed.

Cheers,
Martin

Zoltan

Cult Leader
Old Timer
Well, if you go by the ICZN, a nomen nudum is a name that was published. If you take a look at the "Criteria of publication" (chapter 3), you'll see what's considered a published work and what's not. Article 9. lists what aren't considered published works and: 9.8. text or illustrations distributed by means of electronic signals (e.g. by means of the World Wide Web). This is my understanding anyway.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow, dimo. What magnification was that!?

Think I want a new camera lens.