Species Psalmopoeus irminia

siucfi

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My irminia will throw a good threat pose but nothing like that!

brandi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Mine does the same thing... every time I touch the cage! Can't even crack the lid to drop in a cricket without her going ballistic like that. Gotta love it!

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
Here it is P. irminia (Venezuelan Sun Tiger) .....about 2 1/4" now and showing the little "swooshes".

From what I can see is that it infact a female but I will wait till next molt to be sure.

manville

Arachnoking
Old Timer
thats one very very nice tarantulaaa..too bad i dont have mine anymore..

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Awesome! I can't wait til mine gets big enough to sex....I don't know why, but I have the feeling mine is a male.

aaronrefalo

Arachnolord
Old Timer
nice tarantula...even her size...can u tell me how long was the premoult period?...thanks

Aaron

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
Well...I can't really tell you how long but here are the last two molt dates.

Molt 05-28-2005
Molt 07-13-2005

PinkLady

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What a gorgeous T. Mine moulted the other day too but I'm still unable to get a pic of her or get a really close look at her. She webbed it right up tight! :mad: :wall: Congrats on the successful moult!

Eld

Arachnopeon
Second pic is really better :) btw. nice spider, what moult is she?

Cpt.nemO

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey ya all I ve been away from the forum for a while, have been using the brazilian arachnid forum. Anyways here are the pics.

This was on the day that they arruved (bought two of them):

This was one week later:

Her house:

CreepyCrawly

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hahahaha! It looks like it's thinking "oh gosh, I ate WAAAAAYYYY too much!" Even its eyes look a little bugged out in the picture. It's great that these guys are such good eaters. I have five of them on my desk right now. All of them come out of their little hiding places when they get hungry, and they are just so cute! The last molt that all of them went through (about half of them are through yet another molt) they lost their orange carapaces for black ones, and in this current molt their orange legbands are turning into those beautiful swooshes. They're obtaining their adult coloration already! How fast these guys grow.

Congrats on your new babies!