Prices .

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So I have been having a conversation with a friend , and I was asking him about tarantula pricing . I was on a topic about a Maracaba sling from Steve . I was asking my friend "Wow , why aren't they so expensive and so cheap?" we had a nice conversation . Then I moved onto the balfouri . I have always thought that the metallica is better looking than the balfouri , yet they aren't so expensive , and I also always thought the versicolor is better looking than the metallica , so that leaves the balfouri at the bottom of the list , yet , they are the most expensive and the versicolor is the most cheap ?

Thats other peoples opinions of course , but I dont see why the versicolor isnt expensive ? I know in a couple of years , the metallica will be 40 dollars as slings . The whole pricing thing is just confusing period .

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Are you being serious about asking why the balfouri & metallica cost more than a versicolor?

Wow.. You dont pay attention to things do you?

Here.. So I am on topic.. Here is your answer...

The A. versicolor are easy to breed.. They are common.. They are everywhere...

The P. metallica & M. balfouri are not common.. Not many people have got a viable sac from either of these.. They are rare.. They are NOT everywhere...

Answer you question? BTW... The search function still works...

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
But metallica is just as easy to breed as any other pokie . Its not hard . They just need to do it . Im thinking people dont breed them because they are scared of loosing the male or something . They are just as easy to breed as any other pokie IMO . Same with balfouri . If you have a MM or more and a female (which I know people do) you should breed the . If you do , they're will be more and the price will go down ALOT . I know it already is , but this should be with ALL rare or uncommon ts . We need to breed them alot , sell them out , when those mature , mate them , and sell those slings .

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
But metallica is just as easy to breed as any other pokie . Its not hard . They just need to do it . Im thinking people dont breed them because they are scared of loosing the male or something . They are just as easy to breed as any other pokie IMO .
Not from experiance.. But from actually reading.. They are not as easy as other pokies...

Can I ask how you know how hard or easy they are to breed? How many have you bred?

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
But metallica is just as easy to breed as any other pokie . Its not hard . They just need to do it . Im thinking people dont breed them because they are scared of loosing the male or something . They are just as easy to breed as any other pokie IMO . Same with balfouri . If you have a MM or more and a female (which I know people do) you should breed the . If you do , they're will be more and the price will go down ALOT . I know it already is , but this should be with ALL rare or uncommon ts . We need to breed them alot , sell them out , when those mature , mate them , and sell those slings .

I'm sorry but unless you have experience in breeding, you are just talking out the wrong end of your body.
Supply and demand runs prices. But most importantly people who purchase the supply drives the demand.

Why are you concerned with specimen prices that you don't even plan on getting? I never saw your PM requesting for any of my Rare specimens. And its Maraca cabocla

Last edited:

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have never bred them , but im pretty sure they shouldn't be too hard . Like , im pretty sure versicolor was pretty rare and expensive back then , but not now because people bred them , because they wanted them to be in the hobby more , and they bred them , and it happened .

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have never bred them , but im pretty sure they shouldn't be too hard . Like , im pretty sure versicolor was pretty rare and expensive back then , but not now because people bred them , because they wanted them to be in the hobby more , and they bred them , and it happened .
Dude, sometimes....well most of the times... you talk nonsense. How long have you been in the hobby to speak with such confidence in what you are actually stating.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Really? I am sure there are many highly experanced keepers out there with both sp. you think are so easy to breed.. Working their butt off trying to breed them..

Once someone learns all the ins & outs of each of these sp. maybe they will have more luck..

But for now.. It is a learning experiance for everyone..

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Dude, sometimes....well most of the times... you talk nonsense. How long have you been in the hobby to speak with such confidence in what you are actually stating.
Did you not read it right ? I said in the post above , probably . I never said I was sure . Alot of ts were preobably uncommon in the hobby . But not anymore because people bred them . And thats what some people need to so with the metallica and balfouri .

Really? I am sure there are many highly experanced keepers out there with both sp. you think are so easy to breed.. Working their butt off trying to breed them..

Once someone learns all the ins & outs of each of these sp. maybe they will have more luck..

But for now.. It is a learning experiance for everyone..
I think you have a very good point .

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Did you not read it right ? I said in the post above , probably . I never said I was sure . Alot of ts were preobably uncommon in the hobby . But not anymore because people bred them . And thats what some people need to so with the metallica and balfouri .
Well actually what I quoted was where you stated the words "but im pretty sure they shouldn't be too hard"

Which is why I stated what I did.

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well actually what I quoted was where you stated the words "but im pretty sure they shouldn't be too hard"

Which is why I stated what I did.
I was talking about the versicolor past though . I was saying I bet and think , but am not sure , that people probably used to think they were hard to breed .

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I had to put it all in bold... There is nothing about the versi in there... All I am reading in this is nonsence.. Talking about how easy they are to breed.. Talking about how no one is really trying..

Cant say it wasnt said by you when it is all there in bold...

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I had to put it all in bold... There is nothing about the versi in there... All I am reading in this is nonsence.. Talking about how easy they are to breed.. Talking about how no one is really trying..

Cant say it wasnt said by you when is all there in bold...
But how do you know they are trying so hard ? I know Robc is ! Yeah , his first sac wasnt succsesful , but he is gonna pull the next one he gets a few days after its made , and they're will be a boost a little bit . Then the people who buy those are probably gonna try to get 2 or 3 and in the future if they get a male and female , they can breed those and sell them off . We just got to do it ALOT .

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
But how do you know they are trying so hard ? I know Robc is ! Yeah , his first sac wasnt succsesful , but he is gonna pull the next one he gets a few days after its made , and they're will be a boost a little bit . Then the people who buy those are probably gonna try to get 2 or 3 and in the future if they get a male and female , they can breed those and sell them off . We just got to do it ALOT .
See.. This proves you know nothing about breeding..

You cant just "do it ALOT".. You have to wait.. You have to know when the time is right.. When the male & female are READY.. They dont breed when the time is right for you, me, or anyone else..

Tarantulas breed when THEY are ready..

Are you saying that no one else that has these tarantulas are trying to breed them? The ones that are not trying probably have a reason not to..

Do you know what that reason is? I bet you dont..

But I bet they know why they are not trying..

Here is a hint.. The tarantulas are not ready... Or.. They rather not breed tarantulas.. Being that is their right.. They do not have to.. Its their tarantulas..

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
See.. This proves you know nothing about breeding..

You cant just "do it ALOT".. You have to wait.. You have to know when the time is right.. When the male & female are READY.. They dont breed when the time is right for you, me, or anyone else..

Tarantulas breed when THEY are ready..

Are you saying that no one else that has these tarantulas are trying to breed them? The ones that are not trying probably have a reason not to..

Do you know what that reason is? I bet you dont..

But I bet they know why they are not trying..

Here is a hint.. The tarantulas are not ready... Or.. They rather not breed tarantulas.. Being that is their right.. They do not have to.. Its their tarantulas..
But it would be very helpful if they bred them ;)

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
But it would be very helpful if they bred them ;)
I bet my collection that there are actually quite a few trying to breed these sp...

1) They are in it for money & know they can get alot of money off the sac..
2) They really care about the hobby & really want to see more of these in the hobby..

Its one of the reasons above..

Either way.. I am pretty sure there are alot of people actually trying to breed these species...

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I bet my collection that there are actually quite a few trying to breed these sp...

1) They are in it for money & know they can get alot of money off the sac..
2) They really care about the hobby & really want to see more of these in the hobby..

Its one of the reasons above..

Either way.. I am pretty sure there are alot of people actually trying to breed these species...
I know they're are , but I also know that they're is probably some that have a MM and MF but dont breed them . Thats 1.) A waste of that males life if he has never been bred before , and 2.) Not helping the hobby much by not breeding them . If they did breed them , they would make a good 60 people happy .

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hey smallara, have you ever bred any type of arachnid?
Nope but am gonna with my rosea and versicolor pretty soon . All I have to do is find a MM for both , which shouldn't be too hard with these species .