Prices .

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Now that I realize it , I probably will . But look at the LP , or rosea , I just dont get how the metallica cant go where they are ? Oh thats right , they make 60 slings in the sac :eek:
Can't critique this post... It doesn't even grammatically make sense. ;)

Versi*JP*Color

Arachnoknight
Nope but am gonna with my rosea and versicolor pretty soon . All I have to do is find a MM for both , which shouldn't be too hard with these species .
I've a MM versi that you know about I really want to breed.
Plus you can't just it is easy you need good solid proof.

don't let the more seasoned members pick on ya cause you're 12.you started at a good age and will be more experienced then some of the others that started later(around 20-30).
I agree start at a young age it's easier to be sucked into the hobby as a kid.
But you have limited money for new T's

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've a MM versi that you know about I really want to breed.
Plus you can't just it is easy you need good solid proof.

I agree start at a young age it's easier to be sucked into the hobby as a kid.
But you have limited money for new T's
Huge difference being sucked in at a young age and being a know it all!!!!!!I. Even you should know that one. :S

AprilH

Petridish
Old Timer
Now that I realize it , I probably will . But look at the LP , or rosea , I just dont get how the metallica cant go where they are ? Oh thats right , they make 60 slings in the sac :eek:
Is this whole thread about being upset that you can't afford certain species? It's simply supply and demand. Some species that are more rare may still be cheaper if people aren't interested in them. They are worth what people are willing to pay. If you don't like the price, don't buy it. If you think it's that easy and people are 'holding out' on purpose, why don't YOU buy some and breed them... I mean, it's easy, right? {D

mike w

Arachnopeon
Wow more venom in this thread! Than most taratulas species carry in their bite!! It's amazing how members get pissed off about certain topics so easily!!

B8709

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wow more venom in this thread! Than most taratulas species carry in their bite!! It's amazing how members get pissed off about certain topics so easily!!
I know....I like to watch it go down though. Nothing like a good argument.

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
thats because smallara is not only talking about something he doesn't have first hand knowlege or experience of, he is also demeaning the efforts of people who do. i don't blame other members here that have spoken up and voiced their opinion on breeding tarantulas for getting irritated with his antics, because at least they are bringing fact to the table instead of pointless speculation. :embarrassed:

i've never bred my Ts either, so i will leave it at that.

darkart82

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i think, before you even think about breeding anything, you should stop and think,and ask yourself the follwing questions.

1. what am i gonna do with all these "easy to breed " slings

2. am i gonna have enough time to feed and maintain the cages

3. do i have enough money to buy viles to ship them

4. do i have enough time to breed crickets so i can have small prey items to feed my slings

5. what the hell am i gonna do with all these rosehairs , none of the breeders want them cause they buy them so cheap at wholesale prices now my collection consists of 300 g. rosea

6. man do i really want to setup 2 or 3 hundred cages to house these little guys

7. what the hell did i get into?

im not trying to be rude , but sometimes you got to picture the portrait in your head before you paint it and turn art into a masterpiece.

Last edited:

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i think, before you even think about breeding anything, you should stop and think,and ask yourself the follwing questions.

1. what am i gonna do with all these "easy to breed " slings

2. am i gonna have enough time to feed and maintain the cages

3. do i have enough money to buy viles to ship them

4. do i have enough time to breed crickets so i can have small prey items to feed my slings

5. what the hell am i gonna do with all these rosehairs , none of the breeders want them cause they buy them so cheap at wholesale prices now my collection consists of 300 g. rosea

6. man do i really want to setup 2 or 3 hundred cages to house these little guys

7. what the hell did i get into?

im not trying to be an @$$hole , but sometimes you got to picture the portrait in your head before you paint it and turn art into a masterpiece.
1) That is the hardest part I had when my rosea gave me a surprise egg sac 30 days into the T hobby!

2) Thankfully I have a sister, mom, & dad that enjoy helping me with that stuff.. :D

3) Again.. Thankfully this wonderful website came along.. I would have never thought to get the little deli cups that are cheaper than the vials.. Yet they are still pretty costly when not sold in bulk like some others can get..

4) Most of my rosea slings ate small crickets cut in half.. But now my sister has a tub full of pin heads.. Not sure why she is breeding them.. But YAY! {D

5) Im so glad I got lucky & found someone to take the whole lot of mine... :D

6) Putting the enclosures together is time consuming.. But IMO that has to be the best part.. :razz:

7) Oh boy... Well.. Nope.. I got nothing for this one.. {D

Anyways.. Well said! :)

darkart82

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
thanks,..... alot people just jump into the hobby and breeders have their list of ts and this gives people the idea "easy money" i just wanted to throw these questions out their cause, i found out after the fact ,breeding is cool , but man its sure is time consuming when you work 40 hours a week then you come and put in another 10 or 20 hours a week messing with your ts and trying to move them, but at the end of the day , i love it and this hobby ,if i wasnt a.d.d. and a.d.h.d. and hdtv, i dont think i could handle it. im by no means bickering , im responseable for these little buggers, and im proud of my accomplishment and i thought good and long and hard before i posted "mm b. albopilosum wanted to buy"
i wasnt 100% ready for all the babies, but i have moved close to hundred fifty. so i guess im only human and if god wanted perfection he sure as hell wouldnt have started with me,lol , thats 100% sure;P

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
thanks,..... alot people just jump into the hobby and breeders have their list of ts and this gives people the idea "easy money" i just wanted to throw these questions out their cause, i found out after the fact ,breeding is cool , but man its sure is time consuming when you work 40 hours a week then you come and put in another 10 or 20 hours a week messing with your ts and trying to move them, but at the end of the day , i love it and this hobby ,if i wasnt a.d.d. and a.d.h.d. and hdtv, i dont think i could handle it. im by no means bickering , im responseable for these little buggers, and im proud of my accomplishment and i thought good and long and hard before i posted "mm b. albopilosum wanted to buy"
i wasnt 100% ready for all the babies, but i have moved close to hundred fifty. so i guess im only human and if god wanted perfection he sure as hell wouldnt have started with me,lol , thats 100% sure;P
I have ADHD too :D

Warren Bautista

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have ADHD too :D
Stop trying to garner sympathy from us.

I know a few people on this forum with ADHD, and many others outside of AB with ADHD. The difference between them and you is that they took the time to research when they first started keeping, and didn't plaster nonsense all over the forums/

I can't wait until you start breeding, posting threads with urgent headings because you don't know what to do or your spider hasn't laid a sac for two weeks or something idiotic, which you always seem to spew out of your keyboard.

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
No need for everyone to get so hissy with each other over this - he's inexperienced, and he'll learn the old fashioned way: the HARD way. :embarrassed:

I have a feeling he could just be a very clever troll.

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
No need for everyone to get so hissy with each other over this - he's inexperienced, and he'll learn the old fashioned way: the HARD way. :embarrassed:

I have a feeling he could just be a very clever troll.
Nah.... He just needs attention because he is a know it all kid. :s

B8709

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I agree that he's not a troll but just a kid. I'm not annoyed any less than you guys are but I think it's about time we quit talking about it in this thread. It's a new day. Let's just let it go and take it easy on him now.

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Joe be quiet . You keep making smart comments to me like this because you wish you were still a kid . And whoever said "is this whole thread just about u being angry not being able to afford these species?" How many times do I gotta tell you people , I cant fork out money like you guys every week on expensive spiders .

Durandal

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Joe be quiet . You keep making smart comments to me like this because you wish you were still a kid . And whoever said "is this whole thread just about u being angry not being able to afford these species?" How many times do I gotta tell you people , I cant fork out money like you guys every week on expensive spiders .
What are you accomplishing with this post? Haven't you been personally warned by the administrator of this board?

You obviously haven't learned much with your in-one-ear-out-the-other attitude and you continue to attack those who actually contribute. I love the fact that this forum exists for everyone to learn from but your posts are ruining it for others. As much as some people are encouraging you to stay in the hobby, I don't think you're doing anyone a service by being on this board... including yourself. Please, before you get yourself completely banned... think before you post or just don't post at all. You are risking a lot of knowledge by burning this bridge. :(

Twillis10

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I think redneck is 100% right on this one. plus even though their price isnt based completely on their looks, the order in which you put which ones look best was your opinion.